• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Expressions rendering different in media encoder

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2016 Nov 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, Im using an expression linking amplitude in S_shake to scale in the transform effect. I made my video (which is my first render in 2017 version) and it turned out perfect. I went to render it out and it seems the expression broke so it was only showing the expression going at 1 value which messes up the video quite a bit. Can anyone help? i have two pictures here to show what is going on.

This is the version in AE notice the small amount of rotation in this.

true video.png

This is the rendered version that i dont want. notice the rotation:bad render.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

we need to isolate the problem. what if you render a lossless version in Ae? render a short segment with QT Animation - is it like AE or still different? if it looks good like your preview then we have established this is something with the connection to AME.  so then maybe it's something in the render settings that's not passing through (by default Add Composition to AME is current settings, not best settings - this means master switches are respected but also other things) so try Queue in AME and see if the result is better.

what ever you find try to isolate your problem. fresh project, fresh composition, just the Sapphire effect. maybe even just the transform effect with the expression. if you can reproduce the steps in an all native Aep then you can upload it here and I can take a look too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so i replicated it, when rendered in media encoder same effects happened, rendering it loseless now and uploading the aep

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have redone everything and im still finding a problem. Two things, one how do i upload an aep to this site and two I know the problem is between the link of After Effects and Adobe Media Encoder as every other way that i render it fine. Something like this happens to me when i open the project back up, it switched transform scale to scale height as a glitch so the expression breaks but in the older versions i could render without the expression breaking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 25, 2016 Nov 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Convert the expression to keyframes using the keyframe assistant of same name. Expressions always have been twitchy with any form of DynamicLink and may not evaluate correctly.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 25, 2016 Nov 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this happens to me when i open the project back up, it switched transform scale to scale height as a glitch so the expression breaks but in the older versions i could render without the expression breaking.

this sounds like a bug. your expressions should remain the same if you re-open them.

how do i upload an aep to this site

use any legit cloud service and post the link in here

I know the problem is between the link of After Effects and Adobe Media Encoder as every other way that i render it fine.

o.k but you say this also happen when you re-open the project, correct? if you in a hurry you could drag your lossless rendered version to AME Queue and create your compressed video with no problems. otherwise please upload a reduced, native, no effects aep file in here so we may take a look.

but in the older versions i could render without the expression breaking.

if you want to make sure the same project behaves fine in older versions, you can save your project as 2014-15 versions and see if this happens in the recent build. (file->save->save a copy as 13)

Mylenum suggested you bake the keyframes and that could work, but I think still this should not be a problem sending a project with expressions to AME without baking. baking a project full of expressions could be very time consuming in my opinion and I haven't came across a project that does not contain it's expressions when sent to AME. but maybe it's just luck. M knows his stuff that's for sure

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. I have a very basic expression in my project. Usually encoder doesn't have any problems with that. But with the new version, encoder ignores the expressions. If I export lossless from ae directly, it works fine...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Using a simple expression

if(comp("EINSTELLUNGEN").layer("Settings Fuß").effect("F3")("Checkbox")==1) 100 else 0

In 2018 everything worked fine. in 2019 the expression gets ignored. This problem shows up only in MEdia Encoder. Rendering the comp in AE works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2018 Nov 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.

Expression: Opacity

a = comp("nb_numbes").layer("TUNER").effect("Slider Control 10")("Slider");

value = (a==3) ? 100 : 0;

If I render the composition in AE, everything works correctly and the Opacity is either 100 or 0, depending on the value of "a". If I render the same composition in the Media Encoder, the opacity value is always 100.

Did you find any solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2018 Nov 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please see this thread on the Adobe Forums for more information, including a workaround suggested by John Colombo of adding property indexes to the expressions:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2567171

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines