Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6 - Canon 5DSr Import doesn't work

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2016 Nov 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm using Lightroom 6 and cannot import pictures from the camera. Should this be already supported?

Secondly, if I'm buying the Canon W-E1 wireless SD card adapter for the 5DSr, will it possible to do a tethered shooting inside LR?

Many thanks,

Georg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cannot import pictures

Exactly what happens? Please describe in detail, or show us a screen capture. If there is an error message, please quote the complete exact unedited word-for-word error message.

if I'm buying the Canon W-E1 wireless SD card adapter for the 5DSr, will it possible to do a tethered shooting inside LR

Your camera is supported for tethering in Lightroom 6.3/Lightroom CC 2015.3 or later, so I don't see what the wireless card has to do with this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Canon 5DSr camera is connected;
The Import Dialog shows the available pictures from the camera;

After selecting some pictures I start the import process.
The import dialog closes and the progress bar shows that LR is importing the pictures;
no picture shows up in the last import group.

after some time LR hangs. no picture was ever imported

The 5DSr runs with firmware version 1.1 but it didn't work with 1.0.1 either.

@wifi card: I mean to use the wireless connection for a tethered shooting. no cable connection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the exact version number of your Lightroom? Go to Help->System Info and report the version of Lightroom shown there.

What is your exact operating system?

I don't know about wireless tethering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version: [6.7 1090788]

mac OS 10.22 [6]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Secondly, if I'm buying the Canon W-E1 wireless SD card adapter for the 5DSr, will it possible to do a tethered shooting inside LR?

Highly unlikely using the standard tether tools built-in to Lightroom. They only work for wired connections. You might be able to (I don't know the software) use the Canon software to save your files automatically to a folder on your computer and to set Lightroom up to watch that folder and automatically import new files from it (check the file menu -> Auto import). That will have virtually the same effect as if you are doing wireless tethering. This is similar to when you would use an Eyefi card instead of a Canon branded card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jao vdL​ thanks for this answer, but I was aware of the possibility to use Canon EOS Utility, and a directory watch inside LR to workaraound a wireless tethering. I was interesed in the SDK support of LR for Canon, since they include the API for wireless tethering into the Canon SDK.

Unfortunately I'm still blocked from importing photos directly from my 5DSr.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines