• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import icloud shared video into Premiere Elements 14 Organizer

Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2016 Nov 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to import downloaded icloud video (.mp4) into Organizer. I can directly import to Premiere Elements 14, but cannot get them into the Organizer. I get an error that the file is either already present (it cannot be found) or it is not supported. Thoughts? Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 25, 2016 Nov 25, 2016

Quicktime is listed as required in the Premier Elements 14 and earlier specifications.  For a variety of reasons, it was eliminated as a requirement in version 15.  Still, there may be certain video formats that need the support files of Quicktime.  If you watch the installation process carefully, it will give you an option to install only the support files.

Windows versions have nothing to do with this.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 25, 2016 Nov 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll need to open that MP4 and see what's inside (There are many different kinds of MP4s). Download the free program Media Info and open your MP4 in there. Copy or post Media Info's report here and we'll better be able to diagnose your issues.

BTW, you DO have Quicktime 7 installed on your system, per PRemiere Elements' system requirements, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.

Hmm. I do not have QT7 installed b/c I thought it was not necessary with windows 10. Is that wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quicktime is listed as required in the Premier Elements 14 and earlier specifications.  For a variety of reasons, it was eliminated as a requirement in version 15.  Still, there may be certain video formats that need the support files of Quicktime.  If you watch the installation process carefully, it will give you an option to install only the support files.

Windows versions have nothing to do with this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2016 Nov 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. That did it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines