Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

indesign crash on 18% (export pdf)

Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello...

i've got crashing problems when i use a profile of a newspaper of printer...i export a document and every time on 18% i have a crash.

When i export a pdf by the standard settings, there is no problem.

The work-around now, is making a pdf with the standard settings..import this pdf in a document with the same measurements and the export the document with the right profile. Which is working, but is 2x work.

these profiles ( newspaper ISONP_1a-GCR.icc /  SC folder.icc ) have been used for the 5 last years without problems

I'm working on a iMac 27" 10.12 sierra with the creative cloud

Does anybody have a suggestion?

grt marcel

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Files do get corrupted. You could get a copy of the profile from another computer or another source to see if has become corrupted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

steve, i have a copy of it..but i think it's something else...not all the files have problems with.

But i have the idea the last time, i'm getting more crashes.

i can overwrite the profile...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try and convert to profile needed in Acrobat, see if that works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

skiddydoodah

how do you mean?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marcel,

Can you please provide more information:

InDesign Version

Is it file specific or is reproducible with every InDesign Document? Can you please share some sample files at santalwa@adobe.com?

Regards

Sanyam Talwar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

indesign CC 2015.4 / build 11.4.1.102

but i think that i get the most problems with transparencies..

this is the zip file

WeTransfer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 24, 2016 Nov 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have tried exporting the attached file using CC2015.4.1.102 and the export is available at Adobe Creative Cloud.

Regards

Sanyam Talwar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Re: Indesign crashs during saving 

2. Closure of Indesign when I try to export a file

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 25, 2016 Nov 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could be something that's linked in the Indesign file that's corrupt - when it gets to that image/art/whatever at 18% of the export it crashes.

Try turning off background export and watch the progress bar when saving the pdf - this should show you what page it crashes on then you can have a look to see if there are any corrupt objects/images on that page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 25, 2016 Nov 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

Hope you have this solved by now! But just in case you don't - I wrote a troubleshooting guide in the FAQ for this issue.

Re: File Crashing on Output - printing/PDF/other

Let me know if it's helpful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines