Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects Pen Tool Issue

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2016 Nov 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

Recently upgraded to AFX CC 2017 and after a day or so the Pen Tool has suddenly stopped working. By that I mean, it (and 5 of the other tools) all grey out when I try to select them and are ineffective.

I first tried this with a comp, and then single clip layers with the same results. I've cleared the cache, restarted AFX, and then the whole computer. I tried reinstalling from Creative Cloud, but it sees that I already have AFX and just asks if I want to OPEN...

I suspect I've just accidentally tapped a key and turned something off.

I've Googled till my googler is about worn out and have found no one else with this problem.

Someone, anyone out there know what's going on??? Project is kind of stuck...

C

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By that I mean, it (and 5 of the other tools) all grey out when I try to select them and are ineffective.

can we see a full screenshots of your interface?

I've cleared the cache, restarted AFX, and then the whole computer.

try resetting your preferences: Reset After Effects Preferences

I tried reinstalling from Creative Cloud, but it sees that I already have AFX and just asks if I want to OPEN...

if you want to uninstall, hover your mouse over the application in CC and you will see an arrow and a settings icon. press it and you will see this

Project is kind of stuck...

bare in mind you can have couple of ae versions installed alongside. this means 6 versions all together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Roei -- my new friend!

Thanks... Reset prefs. at startup (Command, Option, Shift, @ Startup), as recommended, and that did the trick.

Digital gremlins, I guess!

Thank you my man!

C

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great! thanks for sharing what worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines