Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Guides disappear when locked

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2016 Nov 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I updated my after effects to CC 2015 version, and after update I noticed that my guides disappear whenever I try to lock them, I also noticed that the view window has the lock guides twice on its list. Also the show grid doesn't work at all.

Is this bug, or does someone has solution for this?

Here's picture of view window:

Screen Shot 2016-11-25 at 18.27.45.png

Regards

Jenni

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 25, 2016 Nov 25, 2016

o.k found the thread! here's our buddy Tim explain what's the deal: Where did "Clear Guides" go? so really if you are on Sierra, you should use CC2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes this is a bug. can't remember where exactly I have seen this reported. what exact version are you using? full numbers please

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the version 13.8.1.38

Thank you from fast reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. as I recall the feature work fine but it's just the name that is confusing because it's wrong. here's the way it's supposed to look,

now just click the right one in this menu which is parallel to yours, even though it the wrong name in your menu:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Button that supposed to be "Lock Guides" is greyed out so I can't click it, and the button that supposed to be "show guides" only hides/deletes the guides but do not bring them back when I click it second time, "snap guides" doesn't have any effect.
Only button that works is the button that supposed to be "Clear guides".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

o.k found the thread! here's our buddy Tim explain what's the deal: Where did "Clear Guides" go? so really if you are on Sierra, you should use CC2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!
My adobe programs are student versions which our school provides, I'll go discuss with our IT guy next time when I go to school what he can do to the case.
Thanks once more

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if it's a CC subscription then you can download CC2017 right now through the CC App

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our schools license provides the programs only up to version 2015 CC, and the IT guy said last time that the 2015 CC will be the last one that we will get, the school license works different way than the regular one (there is no cloud or app option available).
Therefore I have to go discuss with IT guy how we will deal with the situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, and thank you from help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines