• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2015.7 Lightroom CC Update Problem

Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2016 Nov 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an issue when I'm in the Develop module.  It will randomly switch to the Import screen that displays the "Select A Source" message.  I have to hit Cancel at the bottom right or escape to return to the Develop module.  It does this about every 45 seconds or so.   I uninstalled and reinstalled but no change.  I am not having any other computer or program issues.

I'm running Windows 10, Intel i5 6600K, Gigabyte Ultra MB, ASUS GTX950, 16 Gigs DDR4 3200 RAM.

Thank You

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 22, 2016 Nov 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Lightroom preferences there is an option to show the import dialog when a card is detected. If you have an external hard drive connected that contains images, this could be triggered by that option. If the option is checked in your setup, you might try unchecking it and see if that makes a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 24, 2016 Nov 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked.  I just built a new computer and edded a new external drive, so that must have been the problem.  Thand you for the qick hell, I appreciate it.  Gregg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2016 Nov 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually this didn't fix it after all.  I am now having problems importing images from a memory card.  It won't import all of the images on the card and says it can't read the files or the storage is full.  I checked the forums and found that a lot of other people are having this same issue also.  So, I'm not crazy, Adobe is.  I reinstalled the problem but still the same issue.  Can you tell me how to roll back to a previous version please.

Thank You,

Gregg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be good to know the actual error message  you are receiving. But generally speaking, when Lightroom says files cannot be imported because they cannot be read it really means that the files cannot be written to the specified destination folder. You need to double check the permissions for that folder. The folder must have both read and write permission in order for Lightroom to function properly. As far as storage being full is concerned, how much free disk space is there on the destination drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jim but that's not it.  The problem didn't stat happening until updating to 2015.7.  And that was right after my last import which was fine.  My memory cards are good (4 of them from 2 camera bodies), there is at least 1TB of space and it is my normal image storage drive, and my other Library folders are fine.  As I said there are many who are having that same problem with MAC and PC.  It is and Adobe problem.  What a nightmare.   Maybe after the holiday they'll fix it.  I hate putting my business at risk on Adobe.

Thank You

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chjeck the Top Level folder for the proper permissions. Even if a Subfolder has the proper permissions if the folder above that subfolder does not LR won't be able to write to that folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you but I'm pretty computer savvy but not this level.  How do I check the Top Level Folder please?

However, I still have my original problem with the Import screen popping up randomly every 30 seconds or so. 

Gregg

To: Gregg Heckler <gheck58@yahoo.com>

Sent: Friday, November 25, 2016 2:48 PM

Subject: 2015.7 Lightroom CC Update Problem

created by Just Shoot Me in Photoshop Lightroom - View the full discussionChjeck the Top Level folder for the proper permissions. Even if a Subfolder has the proper permissions if the folder above that subfolder does not LR won't be able to write to that folder. If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9161185#9161185 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9161185#9161185 To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following" Start a new discussion in Photoshop Lightroom by email or at Adobe Community For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624. This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try deleting the preferences file to see if that makes a difference. I'm using Lightroom CC 2015.7, and I  have not encountered the issues you are facing. Sometimes the preferences file can become corrupted, and then all sorts of weird things can start happening. It's worth a try.

Preference file and other file locations | Lightroom CC and 6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Jim.  I can try but I'm a little nervous.  I have about 500 images to edit and I hope I don't screw something up.

You must be one of the lucky ones with the update because there are lot , including me that aren't.

Gregg

To: Gregg Heckler <gheck58@yahoo.com>

Sent: Friday, November 25, 2016 2:49 PM

Subject: 2015.7 Lightroom CC Update Problem

created by JimHess in Photoshop Lightroom - View the full discussionYou could try deleting the preferences file to see if that makes a difference. I'm using Lightroom CC 2015.7, and I  have not encountered the issues you are facing. Sometimes the preferences file can become corrupted, and then all sorts of weird things can start happening. It's worth a try.Preference file and other file locations

Lightroom CC and 6 If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9161201#9161201 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9161201#9161201 To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following" Start a new discussion in Photoshop Lightroom by email or at Adobe Community For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624. This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines