• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there any way to program/create actions for my Lightroom workflow?

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2016 Nov 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm a real estate photographer. I send my files overseas to have my photos retouched, but before i can send them away i need to administrate all to much in order to finalize my work for the day.

My question is:

Is there any way to program/create actions for my Lightroom workflow in order for Lightroom to follow my repeated adjustments in develop mode? It would have been the world to me if i just could pick out my import photos and the Lightroom do the rest.

One action would be to tell lightroom to: make every exposure with >1/10th of a second in a specific temperature but auto white balance everything else.

My goal with what Im looking for is:

Tell Lightroom to after I have picked out my correct exposure to import them and make corrections after the process, then process my exposures and adjust exposures according to presets and when that process is done make lightroom to export a copy in high resolution JPEG in a subfolder. This all by itself.

Is this possible?

Cheers!

Best regards
Andreas

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 25, 2016 Nov 25, 2016

Not exactly what you want but you could create Presets to do some of it. You would first need to select the images you want Preset A to be applied to then Apply the Preset. You can use the Filter Bar to help with the selecting of specific images.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 25, 2016 Nov 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not exactly what you want but you could create Presets to do some of it. You would first need to select the images you want Preset A to be applied to then Apply the Preset. You can use the Filter Bar to help with the selecting of specific images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 26, 2016 Nov 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

LR doesn't have actions like Photoshop and other applications, unfortunately.  It does have a mechanism to write plugins, but that requires a high level of technical expertise.

To build on Just Shoot Me's reply, the best you can do is to use the various preset and search mechanisms to speed up the individual steps of your workflow.  It sounds like you are already using Develop presets, and you're probably already using export presets?

You can use the filter bar or smart collections to search for photos with a particular range of exposures; with either, you can save away frequently used criteria as presets or saved smart collections.  The advantage of using the filter bar is that it can be easily applied to the current folder or dumb collection you're working on, whereas that's much more clumsy with smart collections.  But the advantage of smart collections in this case is that you can do things like "Shutterspeed is greater than 1/10 sec" easier and more reliably than in the filter bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines