• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is Premiere Elements 15 Compatible with Sony - Handycam AX33 4K Flash Memory Camcorder

Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2016 Nov 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was looking to buy a 4k camcorder, and saw that the * info said that Premiere Elements 15 is compatible with the Sony AX100, but I am not sure what that means? As they both record in the same format, so does anyone know if I can edit footage from the AX33 4K with Premiere Elements 15?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 25, 2016 Nov 25, 2016

I am 99.9% certain it will.  Consumer cameras are all using H.264 codecs in MP4 files for 4K.  Based on discussions on other forums, the AX33 makes the standard 4K format and edits well in Premier Elements, versions 13, 14 and 15. 

Is this the sentence?  "4k supported cameras include GoProHero 4 Black, Sony XperiaZ3V, SONY FDR-AX100 4K HANDYCAM, Panasonic DMC-GH4 (MP4 and MOV), Motorola Moto X (2014), and Xiaomi Mi4"

Note that the word "include" is used, not "are limited to".  And then it lists t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am 99.9% certain it will.  Consumer cameras are all using H.264 codecs in MP4 files for 4K.  Based on discussions on other forums, the AX33 makes the standard 4K format and edits well in Premier Elements, versions 13, 14 and 15. 

Is this the sentence?  "4k supported cameras include GoProHero 4 Black, Sony XperiaZ3V, SONY FDR-AX100 4K HANDYCAM, Panasonic DMC-GH4 (MP4 and MOV), Motorola Moto X (2014), and Xiaomi Mi4"

Note that the word "include" is used, not "are limited to".  And then it lists typical and popular examples.  It would be the Sony way to have the AX33 use the same formats ans the AX100.  Again, I can't imagine that there would be any trouble.

Since I said 99.9%, you can cover the 0.1 percent by installing a trial version.  After you know it works, then buy the serial number.  FWIW, I looked up the price at B&H photo today, Black Friday.  It is as cheap as it ever gets!  I bought my upgrade two weeks ago because I thought it was cheap.  It is $10 cheaper today!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Bill. Premiere Elements supports both AVCHD and XAVC 4K, the two formats that camcorders shoots in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Steve Grisetti​

Right on! I appreciate you replying! I am looking forward to using Premiere, as I have been using Windows Live Movie Maker, and it appears that I am going to be really overjoyed by the editing options, and the look of upcoming videos I create!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

whsprague​

Thank you so much! I appreciate you replying, and see what you mean about include, now that you point it out. Downloading the trial is a good idea as well, just to make sure. But I believe that the video format would be the limitation, not the camera model. So thank you again for your help, it is much appreciated! I really look forward to using Premiere Elements for editing. I have been using Windows Live Movie Maker, and so Premiere would be like night and day, in comparison, from what I see! Good idea about buying now as well! I am sure I can get a good deal! I'll look around!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines