• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost map data in Lightroom (CC) - help please?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2016 Nov 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I manually added hundreds of images to the map; I know they had logged as I viewed them and on occasion clicked the icon and was whisked over to the map module. I logged in today and none of that batch is showing on the map. Any help please? I'd be pathetically grateful as it took ages! The tags and titles I added at the same time (sadly not to all of them so I'll have to work out again where the blasted things were taken if you can't help!) are still there so far as I can see, so it's not that all data was lost, just the map module.

Lightroom version: CC 2015.7 [ 1090788 ]

License: Creative Cloud

Operating system: Windows 10

Version: 10.0

Application architecture: x64

System architecture: x64

Logical processor count: 8

Processor speed: 3,4 GHz

Built-in memory: 16360,7 MB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I logged in today and none of that batch is showing on the map. Any help please? I'd be pathetically grateful as it took ages!

Logged in and none of that batch ... What exactly do you mean? Can you explain this in a lot more detail? There has to be few more steps in between logging in, and seeing that the map doesn't have your photos, what steps did you do?

If you go back to the Library module in the Grid mode, do the photos have the "pin" icon indicating they have GPS information? Have you turned on any filters? Or selected a specific collection or folder? If you click on All Photographs and then turn off filters, are the photos on the map then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thanks for getting back. No pin, no filters, I was working within a folder, but have also now checked with All Photos and no change there, nothing on map.

The few I had done previously inthat folder were still on the map, and I have now added a couple more as a test; it was the batch I did last which has disappeared from the map.

I am wondering if it's an issue with my hard disc getting a tad short on memory (I know LR requires 20% free) but it still doesn't explain why ithey all showed perfectly on the map at the time  - I worked for the best part of a day on these) but now doesn't seem to have the info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 26, 2016 Nov 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am wondering if it's an issue with my hard disc getting a tad short on memory (I know LR requires 20% free) but it still doesn't explain why ithey all showed perfectly on the map at the time  - I worked for the best part of a day on these) but now doesn't seem to have the info.

This is not a true statement.

In Lightroom, go to File->Open Recent and select each catalog shown there to see if it contains your GPS information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I don't understand - what's not true? The 20% advice is from Adobe Optimize Lightroom performance

Further oddity, I've also now looked at a few pictures I uploaded to Flickr while processing this batch and they have the GPS and show on Flickr map so it had been added....

I'll have a look at the LR5 catalog shown in the Recent list, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not true that the disk space (or lack thereof) can cause this information to disappear. (It's also not true that the recommendation from Adobe applies to memory, as you said it dd)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2016 Nov 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ye, sloppy language on my part, but I still can't find the missing pics. I tried the last catalogue backup too, no joy. Will have to give in...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Checking backups is fine, but I specifically suggested going to File->Open Recent to see if the information you want is in one of those catalogs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep, checked the recent list. No joy, hence tried the backup. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines