• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cloudiness in mattes in After Effects CS6

Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2016 Nov 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologize for what must be easy to fix, but I am new to AE, and just learning my way around it.  I can make a nice matte (using an inverse luma matte), where the opaque areas are dark and crisp, and the background shows through the transparent parts perfectly...so long as I don't touch anything.  If I try to move the matte, or scale it to a smaller size, the opacity increases, fading the dark areas of the matte, and turning the transparent parts cloudy.  A way to avoid this must exist, but I can't figure it out.  Levels just changes opacities and colors; I still don't get a clear matte with scaling.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 25, 2016 Nov 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pre-compose the matte stuff and scale the resulting composition-based layer. You simply misunderstand how mattes work. A matte merely acts the Alpha channel. The behavior is perfectly normal - even in Photoshop things behave that way if you scale only scale a layer mask. The resulting blend of all channel components is different than before.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 26, 2016 Nov 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

since you are new to Ae make sure you watch this video first to get a sense of how this is supposed to work:

Luma and Alpha modes in track mattes | Adobe After Effects CC tutorials

if you are still struggling with this, please show us your setup: your matte layer, your background layer and the composite in both situations so we can see your workflow and what exactly is wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines