Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Synchronise folder isn't finding any new photos

Explorer ,
Nov 26, 2016 Nov 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I've just noticed I have a folder in Lightroom containing 1272 RAW files, while checking the folder in Finder I can see there are actually 1427 RAW files.

I tried to right click > synchronise folder, but it is showing 0 new photos.

How can add these photos without knowing which photos are missing from Lightroom?

I suspect that I previously deleted them from Lightroom but didn't click the option to move to trash.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try clicking the import button and point the import dialog window to that folder. Then click on All Photos at the top. Do these supposedly missing images show in the grid view section and if they do are they grayed out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried that, but all the photos are greyed out on the import dialog. So I can't actually tell which photos are missing. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The name of the files are displayed under the images in the Import dialog. Do a cross reference for one of the supposedly missing images to see if it shows up in the import dialog. More than likely they are already in the LR catalog and that is why the Sync feature isn't picking them up or the ones missing aren't really image files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the photos are greyed out, this means that photos have been previously imported into Lightroom, and you cannot and should not import them a second time.

You need to find the photos in Lightroom. Click on All Photographs, turn off filters, and then search for one of the photos by file name to find it.

In this case, Synchronize and Import seem to be working as they were designed to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines