Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects animation lagging after export

Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2016 Nov 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I made a little animation in after effects ( just a picture turning around in 10 seconds, so nothing complex ). The after effects RAM preview is pretty smooth but after the render it is lagging. I export it with the media encoder ( I also tried to render it in after effects ) at 4K resolution, 30 fps (motion blur activated) with 10 MB/s bitrate and mp4 format. The rendering takes 10 - 15 min. The size of the MP4 file is about 15 MB but it is pretty lagging when I play it with my media player (Quik Time player on a Mac)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 26, 2016 Nov 26, 2016

thank you. in Ae the animation is not strobing. I believe it's the compression killing your movement. Mpeg 4 does not go well with these type of details (thick lines, vibrant colors, color shifts) I exported the file with the preset match source - high bit-rate but made a larger bit-rate of 20. and reduced it to HD1080. unless you have a way for a viewer to play it back at 4k resolution (a monitor, projector etc,) it's really all you need)

I also used a fast blur on an adjustment layer at 2.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I export it with the media encoder ( I also tried to render it in after effects ) at 4K resolution, 30 fps (motion blur activated) with 10 MB/s bitrate and mp4 format.

if you want to preview a playback using a video player or upload to a sharing platform - then you should use AME which you did.

The size of the MP4 file is about 15 MB but it is pretty lagging when I play it with my media player (Quik Time player on a Mac)

Quicktime is not such a great video player. try using VLC. maybe the term lagging can be misleading - what do you exactly mean? can you upload to video? use any legit cloud service and we can examine it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dropbox - animation.mp4

This is the animation. It's just the layer with the colors spinning behind the layer with the pattern

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am watching it in Ae and even with real-time playback it is choppy. this means it is choppy to begin with. did you happen to animate this using keyframes on a layer style?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 3 layers. The first one with the colors this has keyframes at 0:00 for 0x rotation and the end for 1x rotation. The black shape is above it and the logo with the black circle is on the top. All of these are Adobe Illustrator files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you upload your project file? we can have a look. this could be happening also in the project file.

does it happen when you export it to HD1080? this could be one of those cases where shapes and color at a certain contrast and ratio + movement create a type of strobing effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The After Effects file: Dropbox - Animation.aep

I don't know if you can open it when you don't have the Illustrator files.

So I uploaded them too:

Dropbox - Color.ai

Dropbox - Shape.ai

Dropbox - Logo.ai 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you. in Ae the animation is not strobing. I believe it's the compression killing your movement. Mpeg 4 does not go well with these type of details (thick lines, vibrant colors, color shifts) I exported the file with the preset match source - high bit-rate but made a larger bit-rate of 20. and reduced it to HD1080. unless you have a way for a viewer to play it back at 4k resolution (a monitor, projector etc,) it's really all you need)

I also used a fast blur on an adjustment layer at 2.0.

the results were better. try it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2016 Nov 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It really gets better

Thank you so so much!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines