Capture.JPG

Asus P6X58D Premium

Core i7 950

24GB RAM

nVidia GeForce GTX 770(375.95)

Windows 7 Premium 64bit

System Drive(OS, Projects) - WD Caviar Black 500GB

2nd Drive(Pagefile, Media Cache) - SSD 150GB

Media Drive(Media Files, Previews) - 2TB RAID0 (4 - WD Caviar Black 500GB drive)

Matrox MX02 Mini

Adobe CC (Premiere 2015.4 and 2017)

QuickTime 7.7.9

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 25, 2016 Nov 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is a known bug in the recent version: Known issues in After Effects CC 2017 the workaround is set your composition to full in the composition resolution popup or use the much better in every way "Queue in AME" feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That screen grab was from "Queue in AME".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it appears we are not talking about the same thing. the screen grab is from the export settings in AME. you can see it when you add your composition to AME and view the export settings. I am referring to the "Queue in AME" feature which is this:

more about it here: After Effects CC 2015.3 In-Depth: Queue in Adobe Media Encoder | Creative Cloud blog by Adobe

by looking at your screenshots I see the default Add Composition to AME folder which is your project folder_AME\

the only way you will get this type of folder is because AME created it when you either drag and drop your composition to AME or use Add Composition to AME or imported your composition to AME through the file add and maybe a few other ways but not through Queue in AME.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I was definitely using "Queue in AME". I've been doing this for a long time, and I'm well aware of the differences in procedures, so you'll just have to trust me.

However, I do believe that I've figured out why the AME output was set like that. This was a brand new install, and AME 2017 had never been run before. There was no encode setting from a previous job, so AME made a guess, and used the source settings it was getting from the dynamic link server (480x270). Since there now has been a job run in AME, I can send the comp via "Queue in AME", and AME defaults to the last encode settings used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. now you seem well aware of what you are doing. are you having issues right now with all the information you know so far?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, the Source properties are still coming in at the incorrect frame size, but as you pointed out, this is a known bug. Just have to wait for a bug fix update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are the workaround not working in your system?

1. Queue in AME - this works in every system I tried. we have the same OS. the size is the composition size and not the composition popup. maybe you should try to reset AME (hold shift as you launch) this won't delete any presets. also try a default preset like high source - match frame

2. there's always the set the popup window to full

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Nov 26, 2016 Nov 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, as stated in my previous reply, the 'workaround' works. I can manually set the output frame size, or simply use the preset that loads by default each time AME starts(the last preset used).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines