Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

24hr+ to import 45 images!!

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2016 Nov 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I have seen threads here about this issue but I have been unable to find an answer as yet.

I am running LR CC 2015.7 and CR 9.7 It is newly updated. Since I installed Creative Cloud I simply cannot import new images without it taking two days! I have 45 images on a SAnDisk card. I am using a brand new Transcend Card reader USB 3.0 which I ordered to try to solve this issue. I strated the upload/import at 2.45pm and it is now 4.30pm. 6 images have come in to LR!!! 6!

Please please can someone tell me what's going on? I have uninstalled both PS and LR to no avail. Everything is appallingly slow. UGH!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds to me like a hardware problem somewhere. I would try importing with different hardware and a different camera card to see if the speed changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dj_paige- thank you. I have tried both putting the card directly into the Mac, and via a new card reader. I have tried through my printer too, but that doesn't work. Looks like I will lose these images then? If I cannot get them off the card? I know there is a hardware issue with the Mac, but even Apple don't seem to know what the issue is. It's very depressing frankly.. I will try a new card tomorrow and see if that fares any better…sigh...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might try using File Manager to transfer the images to your computer. Then in the Lightroom import dialogue make sure you choose the Add option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

File Manager? I haven't tried that before. Thank you…I will do that. Do I still use the card reader or do put the card into the Mac? Sorry to be ignorant….

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried taking pictures on a different camera card to see if those import faster?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2016 Nov 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I will try a new card today. I am running a Mac, on Sierra latest version. Yesterday I loaded the images, through Finder, easily into Photos. But of course they came in as jPegs. Before going to bed, at 11.20 pm I re started the import into Lightroom, and I've just checked. Ten images have come in to Lightroom overnight. Out of forty.

I think it is a hardware issue with Lightroom. It's is very glitchy generally. Should it delete older versions? I still have 4 &5 in my applications folder? I wish I was something simple like that....I think I need to speak with Adobe....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dominiquem98900864 wrote:

File Manager? I haven't tried that before. Thank you…I will do that. Do I still use the card reader or do put the card into the Mac? Sorry to be ignorant….

It's your choice, but you can try it both ways. Generally speaking, using a card reader is a better way to go. But you will have to do some testing to see which works best for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines