• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error when uploading my site to Business Catalyst (Failed to update CRC's)

Participant ,
Nov 26, 2016 Nov 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am working on a website with Muse and I am trying to upload it to Business Catalyst. I did upload it before and the first time was successful, however, I deleted the site from the BC, and I tried to upload it again. Now it gives me this error message and Muse quits right after I close the message. I have no idea how to fix this issue. Can anyone help me with this please! Thank you!
Screen Shot 2016-11-26 at 4.35.03 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Nov 26, 2016 Nov 26, 2016

I tried deleting each page and uploaded to BC to see which page was causing the problem. And I found out it was the contact page. And then I found out it was the font I was using that was causing the problem. I was using Century Gothic, which is a system font. I changed it to a font in Type Kit, and it solved the problem. If the system fonts cause the problem, I wonder why they are there to choose... System fonts also cause problem when trying to use in-browser editing. I took long time to figur

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahisa71 wrote:

I deleted the site from the BC,

how did you do that? if you used the manager then try uploading as a new site name... that should get around the blockage

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your replay. I just tried uploading as a new site name but it gave me the same error... I deleted it from the Site Manager on BC. I also noticed this when I was trying to upload it to BC.

Screen Shot 2016-11-26 at 5.19.31 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahisa71 wrote:

Thanks for your replay. I just tried uploading as a new site name but it gave me the same error... I deleted it from the Site Manager on BC. .

the name for the old site is now in limbo and the dns entry will need to be fixed before you can use that name again... takes up to a week.

Ahisa71 wrote:

I also noticed this when I was trying to upload it to BC.

Screen Shot 2016-11-26 at 5.19.31 PM.png

the other site was fully published? ... the text font points to the old site but thats easy to fix once you get a new site up

steps for making a new site name for the old .muse file*

• set the publish option to Adobe BC

Screenshot (397).png

• press publish and select the options arrow

Screenshot (398).png

• change the name box to the "new site" option

Screenshot (399).png

• select a data center that allows your users to get fast rendors and type a new name... can't be the old one!

Screenshot (400).png

• after this new site is published you can set type options, in browser editing and a new dns name etc... launch the site fully for these options

* a .muse file made on a different computer will need to be unblocked before use with windows 8.1 or 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again,

>the other site was fully published?
No, I changed the name and tried uploading it as a new site, but it still gives me the same error and the Muse quits, so I cannot really do anything...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it didn't help because I don't use Business Catalyst. I upload through FTP and it crashes my program. I have clients who will be really upset if they don't see changes soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I created this thread for uploading error with Business Catalyst, so I recommend you create a new thread for your issue. Hope you'll find a solution soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried deleting each page and uploaded to BC to see which page was causing the problem. And I found out it was the contact page. And then I found out it was the font I was using that was causing the problem. I was using Century Gothic, which is a system font. I changed it to a font in Type Kit, and it solved the problem. If the system fonts cause the problem, I wonder why they are there to choose... System fonts also cause problem when trying to use in-browser editing. I took long time to figure out that one, too. Don't use System Fonts, people! But thank you for your help!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just removed the original site from BC and gone through the steps Ahisa71 posted and it still doesn't work, now my client has no site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started using Muse only recently but it seems it's not stable sometimes. Some actions which used to work don't always work. So, some problems might just be due to luck..... The Century Gothic font I mentioned had been working with no problem for about a month, and then suddenly started causing problems. Sorry but I don't know how to solve your problem...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines