• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something wrong with Catalog, I cannot import

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2016 Nov 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's something wrong with my catalog I think. I have reinstalled Lightroom 5 for I cannot import anything two days after my last import. On my last import, I was still able to edit one photo in .NEF file. Two days later, I tried to import images in the same formats as before. I was able to see my last imports but when I try to import new ones, nothing shows up in the preview.  I thought there was something wrong with that drive I was getting images from so I tried to move them in another drive. Nothing. I tried to import from the usual folder I put my images to, even there no images show up. Nothing in the preview. But they were the same images as before. I searched some possible solutions, one is making a new catalog. I tried making a new catalog but same results apply. I deleted and uninstalled lightroom and reinstalled. It still cannot import anything. It loads and works fine, but no images show up from the folder I dumped both .JPG and .NEF files.

One thing I noticed is that 2 files that keep showing up, [Catalog.lrcat.lock] and [Catalog.lrcat-journal]  in my catalog folder whenever I open Lr. Others say this occur when Lightroom once shut down improperly. I think it has to do with my last import where Lightroom still works fine. I turned off my laptop while Lightroom has not closed properly. Because after that incident, nothing in my preview shows up anymore and therefore, I cannot import my images. But I reinstalled Lightroom, why does is it still happening? I saw from the forums that I need to delete these files and relaunch Lr. At first trial, I deleted it and relaunched. Nothing changed. But then I noticed these files keep showing up whenever I open Lr. They disappear when I close Lr. So what can I do? I need to import these images to be passed for school.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 27, 2016 Nov 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The .lock and .lrcat-journal files are supposed to be there.

When you try to import and no files show up, is the Destination panel on the right hand side expanded and does it have a valid destination directory selected?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines