• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color keying out only a specific area

Explorer ,
Nov 26, 2016 Nov 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! I'm still fairly new to certain aspects of After Effects and was wondering how I could go about keying out only the sky of the video I'm working on. Ive attached a screen shot below. The sky is basically white and when i attempt to key it out, it keys out other parts of the image that I would like to stay white. I'm not even sure if this is possible but any help would be appreciated Screen Shot 2016-11-26 at 9.54.08 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 27, 2016 Nov 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what garbage mattes are fore or inside/ outside masks, as they are called in Keylight. Other than that you may just need to put in more work and use multiple tools and techniques. Not everything can be keyed easily and many times you'll end up cleaning up bits with masks and other procedures.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 27, 2016 Nov 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

for sky replacement and extracting the sky the Extract effect is an obvious choice. use the blue channel for extraction. learn how to use it and for the edges you can use the refine soft matte effect

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines