Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Live Text Templates... a lot to say

Participant ,
Nov 27, 2016 Nov 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

i'd like to use new live text templates from after to premiere pro (aecap).

But lot to say :

- first i often have issues. For exemple, my comp is 1080p25. Premiere pro sees 540p24 (!!!!)

i don"t why, but afet lot of try, i can manage to have the good format, by changing from exporting from file menu ou comp menu, but i don't know the good way to haev the good export form the first time.

For this issue, it seems premiere pro doesn't empty his caches, and i have tu increment export, cause if i save with the same name, it doens't work.

- well when at least i manage to export in the good format, 1080p25, the about says :

You can share After Effects compositions as text templates with Premiere Pro CC as a single, packaged file that contains all the assets required for that composition.

Create editable live text template compositions in After Effects

... it doens't seems to work.

If i have some assets like ai, mp4 etc etc, so not only shapes and after effects object, it doesn't work.

for all of that, if i export simple ae template file, everything works, but i soon i export aecap, everything's going wrong.

And at least, some things really bad :

- we have to lock every single text in sub comps. If i have 10 sub comp with text, i have to lock each text layer in each sub comp. very unconvenient

- we can export just a single comp one by one, when ae classic template support multiple comp. So one aecap for one file. And by the way the dynamic link open the windows to choose the comp, but there is only one comp so...

A lot of things to improve i think, not production ready

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

- first i often have issues. For exemple, my comp is 1080p25. Premiere pro sees 540p24 (!!!!)

there is a bug in the recent version that causes this: Known issues in After Effects CC 2017 . the workaround is set your composition resolution popup to full and you will see a full resolution in Pr too. as for the other stuff, I have not tried it myself so hopefully other users can share their experience and guide you through the proper workflow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well i tried to put in full resolution, but it seems that it have to be forced in full res, but to be display at 100% percet.

Not sure about that, bau when i force in full res, it doesn't work, well i had to increment the name as it were a cache in premiere pro with the old file...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is from the file. does it not work as expected when you follow these steps?

Workaround

Change the resolution at the bottom of the Composition panel in After Effects to Full, and then send it to Premiere Pro via Dynamic Link.

Note:

If you export your composition as a new Text Template in .aecap format, set the resolution to Full before you start exporting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

(speak about aecap, with ae std file it's ok)

Yes i think it would work if i do this the first time i export.

But i export, then see in premiere i forgot to force at 100% and display at 100%, re export over the same file doesn't work in pr. it sees the old file resolution (??)

i have to rename the new export file and import in pr again to make it work

but well, it's not the major issue, as soon as assets are not record or export with the aecap

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines