• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Canon 5d Mk iv Lightroom won't recognise

Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2016 Nov 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I have just registered and downloaded adobe CC, the very latest updated versions. I have a canon 5d Mk iv and it does not appear to be recognised in the Lightroom develop model. when I try to enable lens corrections it fails to recognise my camera under the default setting and under the custom settings it only gives a 5d Mk ii as an option and one lens (a canon 15mm lens). Please help, any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 27, 2016 Nov 27, 2016

John, thanks for your help. I am an idiot and apologise for wasting people's time but at least you have helped me solve the problem, I thought I had sent you a raw file, convinced I had set the camera to shoot raw as I always do, but, when you replied saying I had sent you a jpeg it set alarms bells ringing and I thought I had better double check I had been shooting in raw. As you have probably guessed by now, no I had shot in jpeg. Problem solved. Thanks for your help and apologies to all who t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the Photoshop forum.  In Photoshop go Help > About plugins > Camera RAW

What version do you have?

This page tells you the required version for both Photoshop ACR and Lightroom for specific cameras

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

You need 9.7 (the latest version as I type this) for Photoshop, and 6.7 for Lightroom.

If you open the Desktop Application manager, it will prompt you to update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for reply but yes that is the version of both I am using. Can you advise further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved from Photoshop forum to Lightroom forum.

Make sure you're running Lightroom CC 2015.7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reply but that is the version I am using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a link to a typical file so we can download it and try it in our version of Lightroom?

You may have to use Dropbox or similar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2016 Nov 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dropbox - _91A0249.JPG

Hi hope the above link works and thanks for your continuing help....Anne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a Raw file rather than a JPG?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John, thanks for your help. I am an idiot and apologise for wasting people's time but at least you have helped me solve the problem, I thought I had sent you a raw file, convinced I had set the camera to shoot raw as I always do, but, when you replied saying I had sent you a jpeg it set alarms bells ringing and I thought I had better double check I had been shooting in raw. As you have probably guessed by now, no I had shot in jpeg. Problem solved. Thanks for your help and apologies to all who tried to help me....... Anne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No worries. Glad you got it sorted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good that you got it sorted out.  The default settings of LR and the Lens Calibration panel make it too easy to make this mistake, and many get fooled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when I try to enable lens corrections it fails to recognise my camera under the default setting and under the custom settings it only gives a 5d Mk ii as an option and one lens (a canon 15mm lens).

Are you editing a JPEG?  There are separate profiles for raw and non-raw files, and most lens profiles are for raws only: Work with lens profiles in Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, and Camera Raw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am trying to edit raw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you running the latest version of LR? System info should show:

Lightroom version CC 2015.7 [1090788]

Otherwise get the Lightroom 6.7/2015.7 update from this link:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/lightroom-downloads.html

Also what lens are you using?

Canon's latest adittions are not yet supported.

Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III USM
Canon EF 24-105mm f4L IS II USM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am running Lightroom version cc 2015.7 (1090788)  I am running it on OS X El Capitan version 10.11.6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines