Exit

Lightroom and Photoshop PSD image transfer problem

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2016 Nov 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I need some assistance.

I am running Photoshop CC (recently updated to 2017.0.0 release) and Lightroom 2015.7 release and Camera Raw  version 9.7  - so these are all up to date.

Lightroom preferences is set to send an image from Lightroom to Photoshop as a PSD.  In Photoshop  - Edit - Preferences - File Handling, "Maximise PSD and PSB File Combatability is set to "Always".  

When I send an image from Lightroom over to Photoshop,  make an editing adjustment and click "Save", it is supposed to reappear in Lightroom.  This doesn't happen.  However, according to Lightroom the edited image is in the Catalog.  If I go to the import window the image is there but "greyed" out, confirming that it has already been imported. I have also tried to send the images from LR to PS as TIFFs, but the same happens.

On the other hand, if I transfer an image from Lightroom to Photoshop, do some edits and "Save As" a jpeg, then no problem in importing the edited image back into Lightroom. The problem clearly lies with showing edited  PSD or TIFF files back in Lightroom.

Any thoughts. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set the Sort: option (Sort Order) to Capture Time. It is being added to the catalog but not in the order you think if the Sort: is set to anything other than Capture Time or maybe File Name.

That should clear it up. You could also select to Stack that file with the original and that might make it show right next to the original.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion, but "Sort" is already set to "Capture Time" and the problem persists. Stacking is also set to stack with the original.

on't recall that I had this problem prior to recently updating the Photoshop CC and Lightroom so maybe there is a clitch somewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines