• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Default settings in bookmarks.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2016 Nov 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way in Acrobat DC to set bookmark defaults so that all new bookmarks are created with the 'Inherit zoom' property?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2016 Nov 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I don't think that's possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.   Adobe take note!!!!   While I was at work I worked with a Documentum database using Acrobat - and we had a brilliant feature that enabled setting the bookmark defaults.

I never realised that it had been produced 'in house' until I used 'Native' Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can make a feature request here: Feature Request/Bug Report Form

If you're interested, I've developed a tool that allows you to set the zoom level of all bookmarks in one or more files easily and quickly.

You can find it here: Custom-made Adobe Scripts: Batch Edit Zoom Level in Bookmarks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2019 Feb 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't even have the bookmark feature, why is this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2019 Feb 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know. Start by providing more information, mainly what application (including exact version number) you're using...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2019 Aug 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On another thread, the developer for this free GitHub app posted a link, but even after installing Java I couldn't get it to work.

GitHub - beatngu13/pdf-zoom-wizard: Lightweight and cross-platform tool for PDF bookmarks and links ...

Yes, a feature request is in order.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

go to Feature Request/Bug Report Form

and search for "Inherit Zoom setting for Bookmarks" and VOTE. Already at 25 votes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The tool I linked to above works perfectly and if there issues with it I'm available to solve them. You get what you pay for...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume it's user error. I restarted the Mac in case Java needed a reboot. But when I open the file "pdfclown.jar" I get an error that the file can't be opened. Am I opening the wrong file? This is the first time I've downloaded anything from GitHub and I don't understand what I'm supposed to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea. I was referring to the (paid-for) tool I created, which I linked to in reply #3 above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, sorry, never mind. Not paying $50 to save five minutes. YMMV I suppose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 11, 2019 Aug 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Moderators: This is a follow up to my comment above about having trouble getting PDF Wizard to work.

I don't want to leave it hanging that PDF Wizard doesn't work, as it was user error on my part. I downloaded the code and not the program! It's easy once you download the right file. (I was not familiar with GitHub and so I downloaded the obvious link at the top of the page which turns out to be the source code...doh!).

On the Releases page for PDF Wizard, Releases · beatngu13/pdf-zoom-wizard · GitHub  – ignore the large link at the top (that's the code). Find the latest release (i.e., v0.4.1 as of today's date) and download the .jar file at the top of the ASSETS list. See screen shot below.

PDF Wizard - which file to download.png

After downloading, you may have to edit your Mac's Security Settings to open the .jar (java) file.

Double-click the .jar file in the Mac Finder and it will open the simple user interface. "Browse" to your PDF, select "Inherit" (or other option) from the popup, and press RUN button. This will overwrite your PDF so you may want to run it on a copy.

PDF Wizard user interface.png

Thanks beatngu13 for writing this handy app and for trouble-shooting my downloading mistake.

Note: I also installed Java yesterday. This may only be necessary for the code editing, I'm not sure. But if you're having issues, download & install Java too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines