• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Background No Scroll

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2016 Nov 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to Dreamweaver.  I've been a Frontpage user as long as it's been around.  To keep a background from scrolling I simply check the watermark box in the page properties and it's done.  Apparently Dreamweaver isn't that simple.  Any help would greatly be appreciated.  Try to keep it simple as I said, I'm new to Dreamweaver.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 27, 2016 Nov 27, 2016

People who have a solid grasp of code basics can learn to use DW in a weekend.  Seriously, DW is not hard to use.   But if you can't work with HTML, CSS (and to a lesser extent JavaScript), the learning curve is very steep.  

My advice is to spend a weekend doing code tutorials first.  In the long run, you'll be mighty glad you did .

If coding is not your thing and never will be, then you should probably be using Muse.  It's aimed at hobbyists and designers who ju

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See CSS background property

What you want is fixed.

Example:

body {

background: url(some_image.jpg) center center fixed;

}

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that just now and my background disappeared.  When I removed the center center fixed; it came back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You probably used the background-image property instead of just plain background.

It makes a difference.

See this online demo:

Alt-Web : Endangered Demo

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For backgrounds it is always best to use longhand until you are comfortable coding. It is also a good idea because Dreamweaver is not nearly as friendly a CSS editor as Front Page was. Using shorthand will often leave you HAVING to code CSS manually as the so-called CSS Designer panel will drive you nuts. So, this would work:

body {

background-image: url(some_image.jpg);

background-position: whatever you want;

background-attachment: fixed;

background-size: use cover if you want the image to fill the screen;

}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I accidentally stumbled across this code background-attachment: fixed; and it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I did.  There is defiantly an extreme learning curve to this program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

People who have a solid grasp of code basics can learn to use DW in a weekend.  Seriously, DW is not hard to use.   But if you can't work with HTML, CSS (and to a lesser extent JavaScript), the learning curve is very steep.  

My advice is to spend a weekend doing code tutorials first.  In the long run, you'll be mighty glad you did .

If coding is not your thing and never will be, then you should probably be using Muse.  It's aimed at hobbyists and designers who just need basic websites and have no coding skills.

What's New | Adobe Muse CC

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines