Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere imports AE compositions selectively

Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2016 Nov 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all,

I'm encountering 2 problems regarding the the way Premiere sees and imports AE compositions.

I am working on 8 short films (40 sec to 6 min) in Premiere. I would like to create titles for my films in AE. No animation, just different colors and sizes.

1. PROBLEM:

When I want to import this AE titles in Premiere, i can only see and import the compositions which have the "template" turned on in the Composition's Settings. Otherwise Premiere won't see the composition.

For testing I created a composition with a simple color-background and some shapes, no titles : Premiere won't see it.

If I import the composition with the "template" turned on in Premiere, and then turn off the "template" option, Premiere will continue see the AE composition and the changes in it will be updated.

I've never had problems before importing any type of composition from AE to Premiere!

2. PROBLEM

The AE compositions which are eventually seen by Premiere slow down the computer incredibly. Any pixel-change I make in the AE composition to 1 title brings up a red line over the WHOLE Premire timeline. If I render it, it can ask for 1 hour for rendering a 30 sec segment! If, while Premiere is rendering, I turn back to AE and play-back the composition, and then turn back to Premiere, the rendering is finishing within minutes.

I can't understand what is happening. I am loosing so much time !

I AM VERY THANKFUL FOR ANY IDEAS!

I am working on an :

Mac Pro 5.1 2010, Westmere 3.33 GHz 6 Core with 16 G RAM

El Captain Mac OSX 11

Premiere pro: 2015.4 build: 10.4.0 ”30”

After effects: 2015.3 Version: 13.8.1.38

Videofiles: Cannon c300 Mark II , mxf xf-avc

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2016 Nov 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If it helps anyone : I have upgraded to CC 2017 and at least the first problem seems to be gone.

For longer compositions (of 6 min max) i still have to in parallel playback the comp in AE for the render in Premier to work!

As a bonus, another problem appeared: the dynamik link between the 2 programs is working selectively: one layer is shown, another one not, some changes are immediatly updated, other ones only after i restart Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines