Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC Not Responding

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2016 Nov 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HELP!

My Lightroom CC has been suffering for several weeks now and I have tried all the usual troubleshooting steps to resolve it but I have got nowhere and the problem still exists. Simply the program stops responding and just hangs and hangs and hangs until I eventually have to use the task manager to close it down. The problem manifests itself after I have worked on one photo and the attempted to export it to the file I am saving to which is on the computer hard drive. Sometimes it will send other times it just hangs and if you click any other key, the message at the top left side of the screen appears saying Lightroom is not responding. Even if the files exports as intended, if you try to then work on a second image, the same issue occurs and the error message, Lightroom is not responding appears. This has now become such a significant issue that I am seriously considering removing it from my system and cancelling my subscription to CC.

I have had troubleshooting done by Adobe but the guy who helped me at that time could not get off the online chat quick enough once he thought wrongly that the problem had been resolved.

If anyone has any idea how this can be resolved, you would make me very happy indeed, thanks.

Brian

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 27, 2016 Nov 27, 2016

Try turning off the GPU acceleration. Go to Preferences, click on the Performance tab and then uncheck the box.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try turning off the GPU acceleration. Go to Preferences, click on the Performance tab and then uncheck the box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this, so far, I have just completed 5 quick edits without issue. Why did this solve the problem? I would like to understand it better, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2017 Jan 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same problem and I have turned off the GPU acceleration. Any other ideas on what I can do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 01, 2017 Jan 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Describe your problem in detail. State the exact version NUMBER of your Lightroom. State the exact version NUMBER of your operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines