• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Device syncing without cloud upload

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2016 Nov 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to sync a catalogue to lightroom mobile without uploading it to the cloud?  I have projects that often contain sensitive photographs from clients that could benefit from the lack of the extra security challenge of images being stored in the cloud.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not that I am aware of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ryant78302327 wrote:

I have projects that often contain sensitive photographs from clients that could benefit from the lack of the extra security challenge of images being stored in the cloud.

In order to use Lightroom Mobile you need to subscribe to the creative cloud. But could you please clarify the above statement? You say that you have sensitive  photographs that could benefit from the lack of security. That doesn't make sense to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree it was poorly worded, but they would benefit from the lack of the challenge of providing security for images stored on the cloud, versus only providing security for the images stored on my personal devices which I can better control.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still don't quite understand what you are referring to. You are in complete control of which images you share using the Lightroom Mobile as well as who you share them with. But in order to use it you need a subscription to the creative cloud. Standalone Lightroom cannot integrate with Lightroom Mobile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He is referring to the possible Lack of of security by having image in the Clouds.

To the OP.

The only way to sync one computer with another that are not connected directly on the same LAN is over the internet. Whether they are permanently store on some server on the internet doesn't really matter. At some point those image files will reside on some server someplace on the internet. And if you know anything about computers and data no data is ever really deleted unless you destroy the hard drive or hard drives the data was stored on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the solution I am looking for.  I used to have a workflow with iphotos where I could directly sync my libraries via USB or my local wifi connection to my iPad. This was before apple even offered a cloud service so I know the capability of transferring files between two devices without an intermediate server exists.

The line of work I am in requires very strict security measures that most cloud services don't guaranteed (its overkill, but that's besides the point). So I would prefer to direct transfer the files between the devices either by hardwire or wifi.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, now I understand. The Lightroom catalog cannot be on a network drive. Some people work around this limitation by putting their catalog and images in a Dropbox  folder. But even then only one computer can access it at any given time. You have to make certain that you allow the catalog to update when Lightroom closes before you try to open it again. Otherwise the catalog can quickly become corrupted. The more reliable way is to have the catalog & images on an external hard drive which can be moved from one computer to the other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines