• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My First Project...Frame Rate Help

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2016 Nov 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, I'm self taught and went through the Classroom in A Book and went online but nothing is helping.

Here's my seemingly unusual dilemma...Ready? I made several Compositions (complete with sound effects!) ONE of my Compositions was set to a Frame Rate of 8 fps - for a faster effect, all the others were at 15 fps.

Before I put it with the other Comps for one big Composition, I Went into the Advanced Tab of Comp Settings and chose Preserve Frame Rate when nested in Render Queue.

Obviously, this did not preserve my 8 fps, and the Render Settings has basically one speed choice.  I then put it by itself, chose the "Use Comp's Frame rate (8 fps)" so the rate would be 8 fps to see if that was the problem. The .mov file still came out at a slow 15 fps. 

I know you can preserve a normal .mov file frame rate, is there any way I can do this to my single Composition nested among the others?

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Suzanne

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is an option in the composition setting to preserve frame rate while nested. However, this won't do you any good. You have to think time not in frame rate. Five seconds at 10 frames a second takes five seconds to playback. Five seconds at 60 frames per second still takes five seconds to playback. There is no difference in time, only a difference of how smoothly the action appears to your eye.  The human eye is most used to seeing a frame rate somewhere between 24 and 29.97 frames per second. This most closely matches the way our brains perceive motion blur. Higher and lower frame rates cause stuttering and other motion artifacts that can be uncomfortable to watch. The high frame rate version of The Hobbit is a perfect example. A few folks liked it but most of the viewing audience thought it looked kind of horrible and lost a lot of its magic.

Eight frames per second does not give you a faster action, it gives you less frames per second real time and therefore motion that  appears to be less natural.

Unless you are an expert on video formats and compression you need to be using standard frame sizes and frame rates for all of your projects.  If the composition settings say custom chances are about 99% that you are doing something wrong. If you were in the US or any other country with 60 cycle electricity I suggest you make all your compositions 29.97 frames per second because that is the standard.   In Europe (50 cycle electricity) the standard for video is 25 francs per second. If you want things to happen faster you move the key frames together or you change the playback rate of a movie layer by using time remappIng.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick,

Thank you so much for your reply, it is most appreciated. Do you have any suggestions on how to move the key frames together?

Sincerely,

Suzanne Faux

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

select a keyframe and drag it close to the other keyframe, that's how you will make whatever value you have move faster from one point to the next.

faster.gif

if you have a couple (at least three or more) you can select them all by clicking and dragging a rectangle around them and then alt+click and drag the first or the last and you will contract or expand them together

drag.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Roei,

Thank you so much for your visual reply, I will definitely try this. Any suggestions for the sound effects I put in? Both the music and lightning sounds are .wav files. Maybe another CC program?

Thanks again,

Suzanne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if are going to adjust your animation to the audio and will need to adjust back and forth, you can add the audio directly in Ae. I would also do this in Ae if the audio is just a few layers and does not require too much cutting and editing, and your timeline is quite short. if you are done with the animation, it will be more efficient to render this and edit to audio in Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Roei,

Yes my project is small, more of a trial run of everything I learned. I will try the audio in Premiere and let you know how it turns out.

Sincerely,

Suzanne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines