• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR 6.7 to CS and return not working

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2016 Nov 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I routinely score and do basic adjustments in LR (now on the 6.7 ver). Then "edit in" CS 6 - save the image as tiff (from NEF).  Prior to this version I would have the newly edited version of the image displayed right next to the NEF file in LR.  Now when I do this I get an "image not selected" on the screen. If I return to Library from Develop mode I find my image at the bottom of the selected folder.  What has changed so it does not return me as it used to?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 27, 2016 Nov 27, 2016

Save As will not return the image back to LR. With that option you are creating a file LR has no record of. You can import those into the LR catalog file.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could be the Sort: order you have selected. Se it to Capture Time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - I found one other thing after posting my question.  If I use "save" as my last action after retouching it DOES go back where I expected.  I am wondering if was using "save as" and even though I did not change the file name, it thought it was a new image.  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Save As will not return the image back to LR. With that option you are creating a file LR has no record of. You can import those into the LR catalog file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you save work in Photoshop using the "Save as" option the image will not automatically be added to the catalog. However, if you save it to the same folder as the original thing you can right-click on the folder  in the library module and choose the option to synchronize the folder and it will import that new image. It will then be part of the catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks very much - problem solved - save alone works right every time!

Appreciate the help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines