• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Jpg export and catalogs

Enthusiast ,
Nov 27, 2016 Nov 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I put all my shots into a Folder into  Lightroom, in this case into a folder called Africa

This folder contains both a RAW and jpg image of each shot. (I have my camera set to do both)

Once I edit a RAW image, I export as jpg. The image shows my Export settings.

Export.jpg

My issue is that the resulting jpg file shows both in my Africa album AND my Jpg Export subfolder. It seems to me it would be better if the edited jpg shows in the Jpg Export folder and not be showing in the Africa folder?

I realize that I could change the Export settings and deselect Add to this catalog but I do want to see the Jpg Export contents in Lightroom, just not in the Africa folder as well.

Bob

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the top you have select "Same Folder as Original Photo" and then into a Subfolder jpg Export. So they should be going into that subfolder.

Is that not happening?

Not sure what you mean by Africa Album (LR doesn't use the term Album).

If you have the option set to show images in Subfolders all images in any subfolder below the folder that is selected in the Folders section will be displayed in the Grid View.

Subfolders selected.png

Subfolders not selected.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes they show in the subfolder, in this case Jpg Export. The issue is they also appear in the Africa folder. I want the Africa folder to be only my original shots and the Jpg Export folder to be the edits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You said you import both the RAW and JPG that the camera captures. I think those are the JPGs that you are seeing in the main Africa folder.

If you export a RAW image to a JPG file that has the same name as a preexisting JPG file but place it in a different folder than the original JPG file LR will not rename the file by adding a -2 to the end of the file name and nor will it pop up a warning that a file by the same name already exists (it is in a different folder).

So I think that is why you are seeing 2 images with the same name in 2 different folders.

Simple Delete all the original JPGs that you imported to the Africa folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the surface that would seem to be the case but I can confirm otherwise. My original shots have the .JPG suffix and the edits/exports have the .jpg suffix. Lower case versus upper case.

Screen shot two.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The screen shots you are posting are so small I can't see anything in them. Try posting larger screen shots.

It looks like you have the Main, Top Level, Africa folder selected and the jpg Export folder is just underneath it. If you have Show image in Subfolders checked then when the Africa folder is selected it will show all the files in both the Africa folder and the jpg Export subfolder in the Grid View. So Uncheck that option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is the "Show Image in Subfolders" that I can turn off?Screen shot two.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right Click on the Folder name, at the bottom of the Pop Up menu that comes up. Like in my screen shots above.

Opps, Click the Plus sign in the Folders area.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That option is in the  library menu that is accessible when you are in the library module.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found it!! Thanks for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So that was it?

I tried to point that out in one of my earlier posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines