• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove text from image

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2016 Nov 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have selected an image that has the words "Sample text replace with your text".  How do I go about removing the text so I can use the image?  I am using a 7 day trial of InDesign, but it is NOT for beginners and I am having trouble figuring out how to manipulate the image.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2016 Nov 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post the image reference number?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to open the image in Photoshop and if there's a Type Layer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May it be vector graphics (ai, eps)? Than edit it in Illustrator prior to placing in ID (in your case - remove or replace sample text).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but it is NOT for beginners and I am having trouble figuring out how to manipulate the image.

As someone who teaches beginners and beyond, I would say that InDesign does take time to learn. It's not an application that you can just open and start using effectively. Some training (online, from a book, a friend, whatever) is necessary. That said, the answers above are taking you out of InDesign, which may increase your stress level if you don't know Photoshop or Illustrator either.

Try this: if the file you downloaded has layers (a Photoshop .psd file or an Illustrator .ai file) and I'm going to guess that it does, you can select the image in InDesign and choose Object > Object Layer Options. Turn on Preview, and click the eyeball to hide the Type layer. Let us know if that works for you.

InDesign CCss_035.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Christmas is coming...

Happy sample cards everybody...

3865756-Christmas-balls-and-place-for-sample-text-Stock-Photo.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you showed us is only a preview image from 123RF.com for image 3865756. Notice the watermarking over the entire image?

You need to purchase the image (at the size/resolution that you need)

It will not have the watermarking. It appears to be only available as a .jpg (or .tif for the largest size only) so it most likely will not have the "your sample text here" in the image. This is FPO (for position only) to let people know the best area to add their text. Although with an image like this, it should be pretty obvious when the text should go.

The watermarking  (not just the white space, but also over the ornaments) is pretty obvious and it will print like that.

People will notice!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

People will notice, that vinny38 is NOT an OP...

Merry Christmas to You too, vinny!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines