• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

exporting 3D model from Blender to AE

Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2016 Nov 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I watched this video on how to export a 3D model to be manipulated in AE, but am having no luck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5hkUhQ1sU4

In AE, when I'm importing, at 2:04 of the video, it explains there should be a box to check that states "Live Photoshop 3D", but at that point there is no box for me to check.

Is there another way to do this with the latest versions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 23, 2016 Nov 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop Live 3D hasn't existed since CS 5.5. It was a rubbish workflow, anyway. These days you use Cinema 4D Lite and Cineware to render such models or specific plug-ins like Element 3D or Plexus.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2016 Nov 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked at those options, but they all cost money. Is there not a way to do it that doesn't? I mean, I'm paying for the whole Creative Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2016 Nov 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can model something in Blender, save the file as an OBJ file, create a new C4D file in AE using C4D Lite, then add the OBJ file to C4D. I actually do that quite often. C4D Lite that now comes with the Creative Cloud version of AE is way more powerful and faster to work with than Photoshop 3D ever was.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's great! Once I have it in C4D, how would you export it into AE? Or are you only supposed to work with it in C4D?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You need to study up on the workflow of using a C4D Lite in AE.  Use the search help menu at the top right corner of the app.

If you need to animate  or texture your OBJ file you do that in C40

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines