• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create a new Style

Engaged ,
Nov 27, 2016 Nov 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two questions: (1) Why does character background color when I increase font sze to 0? IS that some default style setting, and ifs, how can I defeat it?

But more generally, (2) How and where do I go about creating a new paragraph style for my text?

I used to do this, years ago, but I guess I need a little refresher.

Tks,

jwc

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please revise as follows:

(1) Why does character background color change from transparent when I change the font size to 60? Is that some style setting that is kicking in? If so, how and where can I turn it off?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

(If you have two questions, you should open 2 topics)

1: It shouldn't! Changing font size will never change font color. I assume maybe text increased up to 60 (pts?) could be oversetting your text frame. Please note that Inserting screenshot may help other members to help you.

2 : Choose New Paragraph Style from the Paragraph Styles panel menu

see here for complete documentation: Apply paragraph and character text styles in Adobe InDesign

regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, very helpful as always.

I found a default background color setting for the paragraph style in question, and corrected that. Still remaining, however, is a colored, vertical stripe to the left of the text box containing text just entered. Where does that come from, and what is it called, so that I can get rid of it? I really have no idea how it could have got there in the first place. It is almost like these authoring tools have "minds" of their own!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Still remaining, however, is a colored, vertical stripe to the left of the text box containing text just entered.

Is your vertical stripe blue ?

If so, I guess "Style Override Highlighter" feature is on.

You can turn it off in the Paragraph style panel.

Otherwise, please provide a screenshot. (but I'm pretty sure that's it ^^)

regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines