• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

synk a point in a patch with a movement of another object?

Participant ,
Nov 27, 2016 Nov 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a shapelayer line and I will animate that path.
I have an object that would be stuck on one of the edges in that path.
Its a lamp and the bulb with be at the top pf the line.

Could you synk that point in the shapelayer with the object of the bulb?

/ Matitas

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

1. unfortunately Ae does not natively support this type of operation because a user can't access the path vertices coordinates that easily. you can do this with this script BAO Mask Avenger 2 - aescripts + aeplugins - aescripts.com which I have used myself and is very handy. through the script you can create live nulls that are attached to a path vertices (masks or shapes) and once you have that, you can do many things and attaching an object is one of them. it's cyber monday 25% off today BTW.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. unfortunately Ae does not natively support this type of operation because a user can't access the path vertices coordinates that easily. you can do this with this script BAO Mask Avenger 2 - aescripts + aeplugins - aescripts.com which I have used myself and is very handy. through the script you can create live nulls that are attached to a path vertices (masks or shapes) and once you have that, you can do many things and attaching an object is one of them. it's cyber monday 25% off today BTW.

2. if your path has only two points, you can use the beam effect that comes with two position cross-hairs on each edge.

3. you could do this manually if it's not to complicated and adjust the keyframes by eye

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! for good answer.
Yes a 2 point shape is not so difficutl to do manually. I was think if you made more complicated things::
/ Mattisa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines