• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign CC 2017 Laggy Text

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since updating to InDesign CC 2017 I have noticed that formatting text, moving text, basically anything having to do with text boxes is extremely laggy. If i move a text box across the screen, the text goes invisible within the text frame and does not reappear for several seconds or until I double click within the text box. Very annoying. Is anyone else having this issue/does anyone know how to fix this? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried to delete the preferences and the cache of InDesign? I so this behaviour could be a third party InDesign plugin which isn't yet compatible with CC 2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2016 Nov 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try disabling the Type Contextual Controls, and let us know if that makes a difference.

InDesign CCss_024.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2016 Nov 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. When selecting text inside a text box, the spinning beachball appears and only after about 5-6 seconds, the  text appears selected as it should.

Deselecting the "Show Adornment..." option did not change the situation.

Steven

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2016 Nov 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you turn both checkboxes inside the orange rectangle off?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I did leave the upper option selected. I will further test, with both options deselected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Unchecking both checkboxes fixed it for me.

best,

Ilya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems to work for me too. Although at a loss of some interesting functionality, at least work just flows again.

Thanks,

Steven

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Although at a loss of some interesting functionality, at least work just flows again.

Adobe has indicated they are working on resolving this issue, so hopefully, the loss of functionality is just short term.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An no third party Plugin installed?

Best regards

Haeme

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And yes, I do have Suitcase Fusion 18.2.0.1164 (plug-in version) installed and running.

Best regards,

Steven

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines