• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video in Interactive PDF

Engaged ,
Nov 27, 2016 Nov 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to embed an mp4 file into a pdf document that my client has placed on youtube. for some reason i can;t. Is there a way? I've them placed if from a folder and send the client the pdf with the folders but the client says she cant see the video. I looked at the overlay  and saw the line pointing at my local hard drive, can that be the case? There is no way to change that, i've tried. Is there a way to do this, driving me crazy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to embed an mp4 file into a pdf document that my client has placed on youtube.

Hi, do you mean you want to embed Youtube video OR did your client send you the original mp4 files for embedding. I understand that's the case, since your talking about hard drive link.

Go File > Place and import your mp4 file.

Open Window > Interactive > Media, and select a Controller skin (important, otherwise video would run only once)

Export as interactive PDF (not print): important! Also make sure "include multimedia content" is ticked.

Video should be embedded, just like an image. No need for sharing video files. Just like images, link would point at your local drive, no problem here.

You say your client can't run the video: what about you? is your interactive pdf working fine for you?

Oh, by the way... what reader does your client use? Acrobat reader (version?) or another one (Foxit i.e.)

That may explain why he can"t read the video. Basically, he needs a reader that includes Flash player. Adobe reader is obviously recommended.

regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, i was able to view the pdf and video on my other computer so i think the issue is on my end. I struggled for hours until i decided to watch it on my other computer and it worked, thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use Adobe Media Encoder to further compress the video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines