Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

camera views are freezed

Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2016 Nov 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I am working on a project which contains png clouds in 3D workarea. While I was working on it somehow my top view was freezed and stayed as blank white. I tried everything that comes to my mind but it did not recover and I couldn't find anyone who had the same problem before. after that in order to not losing time I started to work on 4 views. (the one which freezed was still freezed but I was managing..) but after a few days my other view is freezed too..

Please help me, this frustrated me so much
thanks

kamerabozuk.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I was working on it somehow my top view was freezed and stayed as blank white.

looks like a GPU issue. try this:

1. make sure your GPU driver is up to date

2. under preferences->display see if toggling (if it's not grayed out) hardware acceleration makes a difference

3. under preferences->preview->GPU Information see if toggling (if it's not grayed out) CPU/GPU makes a difference

4. reset your Ae preferences: Reset After Effects Preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you so much for your support and kindness, but it didn't work. I did all steps except 3 (that one was grayed out)
maybe I should do reinstall

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what exact Ae version and Os? (should have been my first question)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

windows 10
Ae CC 2015 version 13.7.1.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your o.k on version. this looks like a display driver problem. can you recreate this problem on a new project? I really don't think this is an installation issue. you could try to revert to an old version of GPU driver and see if that's better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GPU driver didn't work either. I don't have this problem in other projects, even old saved version of the same project works well. somehow, while I was working on views they broke mysteriously and didn't come back

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

maybe try 2015.3 or 2017 versions? Make sure you don't remove previous versions by unchecking that option in the CC app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi again, sorry for late replay. after another recommend with yours, I deleted all things about after effetcs (even in regedit) and installed 2017 version and tried. now, still the second view is broken but one of them is fixed. unfortunately, because of the second one is broken, I have to use 4 views. It's like something especially in my project went wrong. Seems like I gotta finish this one that way and hope this will never happen again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after another recommend with yours,I deleted all things about after effetcs (even in regedit)

never said to do that don't mess with the registry

I am suspecting this is not an installation problem, and if you tried all the things I suggested in my first response, then I would contact support and have a remote session with a support agent. in my experience they are good in these types of software/hardware problems. Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no I mean somebody else recommended regedit and uninstall things, and I combined with yours and tried 2017 version after that sorry for bad english. I will contact them, thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

don't forget to come back and update this thread for all the lost souls who will come across the same issue. I am curious too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2016 Dec 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I made a "new viewer" and made both viewers "1 view" and made new viewer "top". I'm happy with that for now thank you for your interest

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines