• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot import (or see) raw/dng files into Lightroom

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2016 Nov 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suddenly yesterday, when I plugged my camera into my MacBook Air, I could no longer see the NEF files in the Import dialog. No error messages, they just don't show up. I had no trouble importing and converting them with Adobe DNG converter, but then I couldn't even see these converted files in the Lightroom Import dialog. This is very strange, since this has been working with no problems since I bought my new camera in August.

I have a Nikon D500, Mac OS Sierra 10.12.1, and Lightroom 6.7 with Adobe RAW 9.7.

I had no trouble importing the NEF files in to Apple Photos, so I suspect it's a problem with Lightroom. I'm wondering if I inadvertently ticked a box or changed a setting.

I also was taking RAW+Fine JPEGs, but I don't think that should be an issue, should it?

If anyone has any advice, I would be most appreciative. It seems strange that this happened all of a sudden. Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Plugging the camera into the computer requires the use of the camera battery for downloading the images.  Was that camera battery fully charged?  I strongly suggest that you use a card reader or the card slot on the computer to import images and avoid plugging the camera in. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, JoeKostoss. That's good advice, and I need to get a card reader for my XQD card.

I should have mentioned that I was able to copy the NEF files directly to my computer, and then convert them from there into DNGs with Adobe Raw 9.7 (but not in Lightroom). Then, however, Lightroom still cannot read the files. Like I said, this is very strange.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by "Lightroom still cannot read the files"? Step by step, exactly what are you doing?  What error message?  A screen shot of the Import screen might help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the Destination panel on the right hand side of the Import dialog box present and expanded and a valid Destination folder chosen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you all for the suggestions. I still don't know what the problem was, but I was able to fix it by resetting the preferences: http://lightroomkillertips.com/something-acting-weird-try-resetting-lightroom-ccs-preferences/ 

Thank you, Lightroom Killer Tips!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines