• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

photos pixalated

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2016 Nov 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before I synced my photos to the cloud my photos were fine.  Now they are all pixalated on both lightroom and the cloud. 

what can I do to fix this?

Judith sweeney

judithsweeney@verizon.net

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 27, 2016 Nov 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show us screen captures of the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2016-11-28 at 8.33.32 AM.png

The screen shot above is from lightroom app and the one below is from the cloud

Screen Shot 2016-11-28 at 8.40.10 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the top right of the screen capture from Lightroom (not the cloud screen capture) it says, under the Histogram window, that the photo is missing. This happens because you have renamed, moved or deleted the original photo (or the folder that contains it) outside of Lightroom. On a Windows computer, it can also happen if the drive letter of the photo has changed.

You have to reconnect Lightroom to the photos. Please follow these instructions: Adobe Lightroom - Find moved or missing files and folders

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I put the screen Shots on line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dj_paige was talking about your photos missing in Lightroom.  Here is a screen shot of your screen shot.  See where is says the "Photo is missing" under the histogram box.

Screen Shot 2016-11-28 at 8.26.55 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why would it be missing wheen it wasn't befor my syncing.  

this is most disapointing and this doesn't help me becasue that is a new problem besides the fact that it is picxelated in oth ligthroom and on the cloud.   I need a better answeer than this.   I need to also syn to smug mug and having problems.  I spent all day yesteeray tryong to geyt that up and running and I finnally deleted the old file on the cloud and created a new one.   How can I get help on this when there is no documenytation or tutrila available that has helped me.   I'm ery very unhappy and frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We don't know why, because we weren't sitting at your computer watching everything that you did. All we know is that Lightroom thinks the photo is missing, and you need to fix that for Lightroom to work properly. I provided a link to very clear instructions on how to fix that.

There are plenty of tutorials available on Lightroom, on sending photos to SmugMug, and just about every other topic. You can use your favorite search engine to find them. Here's one on using Lightroom to send photos to SmugMug: How-To: Adobe's Lightroom and Publish to SmugMug - SMUGs Webinar - YouTube

As a side issue, we see this over and over again, people jump into Lightroom without the slightest attempt to learn how it works, they've got some work that they have to get out quickly, and they run into problems with Lightroom, as you have. It would be very helpful, and a very wise investment in time, for you to read or view some very basic tutorials on Lightroom, such as these.

http://www.lightroomqueen.com/quickstart/

Getting Started with Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 | Adobe TV

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JUDITH SWEENEY wrote:

Probably because you moved or deleted the file OUTSIDE of Lightroom of disconnected the drive the file was on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I was careful to make all changes inside lightroom.   Not any help...It'sgot to be a more significant than you think and I think you're just taking the easy way out instead esclating my case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are just Lightroom users, we're not Adobe, we can't "escalate" your case.

But there's no need to "escalate" anything, even if we could. The symptoms that you have provided clearly indicate the file is missing. It doesn't matter why it is missing at this point. You can either try to fix the problem, as I have described; or you can argue that it is not missing because you didn't do anything, which (I'm guessing) will not solve the problem. So the choice is up to you at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a "user to user" forum so there is no one to "escalate" your case to.  Most of the participants are users just like you with a few Adobe people.

As for your problem, Lightroom no longer has a link to your file on the disk.  You need to use your operating system to search for the file and relink it in Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That still makes no sense to me to delink. I would want to link if it says file is missing, In Lightroom there a bunch of questions marks. Is this because I want it to link to a different catalogue because I thought I deleted the old one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The message that the photo is missing, and also the question marks, indicate that Lightroom cannot find the photo or folder. So you must find the photo or folder in your operating system, then in Lightroom re-connect the photo using the instructions I provided.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What instructions did you provide?  

The only link I received was about smug mug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In reply #3 in this thread, I provided the link to the instructions to fix the "photo is missing" problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I did use Command + drag when I moved within lightroom.   I have now spoken with Apple and they say they can't help me find my lost photos.  Do you know anyway I can find them.  I thougth i was backing up on my seagate but can't seem to find any 2014 or 2015 photos only 2016.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use your operating system's search feature, you search all hard disks for one (or more) of these photos by file name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK now I have restored some of my backup photos from my online backup, however, I still cn't reconnect my photos according to your instructions.  Even if I try to import them qgain they still do not move to my hard drive a stay on my desktop.  I used the desktoop to put all the restored files becasue I have to do them in shifts. 

Are you aware that in your instuctions it states that if you use commant + drag within lightroom Apple (Mac) deletes the original?   I called Appe to ask them to find my photos and they said it wasn't their problem it was a third paryty software.   When I said that I didn't think that could be sincve it seems to be a bug in their functions.  I even sent them you article but they warned me before hand that tghey couldn't help me becasue it was still third party software.   Since I use my photos to enter contests, I hope you understand how important they are to me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no importing in the procedure. Importing is the wrong thing to do. IMPORTING WILL NOT FIX YOUR PROBLEM.

You have to reconnect as instructed. If you are having trouble with this, please give details ... lots and lots and lots of details.

I have never done drag and drop while holding down the command key. Are you talking about doing this in Lightroom? Are you dragging from one hard disk to another? Or from one folder to another? Or dragging to a collection? Again, we need lots and lots of details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This drag and drop issue was why I had contacted you in the beginning so no point in speaking of it in the present tense. This is how I got in trouble in the first place. I'm not convinced that I used the command key when I dragged and dropped photos in Lightroom. Because I had been told to do everything in elements I assumed the same thing was true for Lightroom. Indeed I remember tutorials saying exactly that. If I didn't do it that way it would be difficult in Lightroom to find the photos.

Instead in your tutorial when I notice this under figure 2 I assumed that the reason I can't find the photos is that they were deleted. Apple said they couldn't help me and said I had to contact Adobe. When I did that they couldn't help me find them either Failing all that I decided to restore my photos from my online backup application, CrashPlan as I couldn't find them easily on my seagate hard drive as easily.

I have not been successful in trying to locate more that one photo. And when I get one photo I could no longer find the rest in the folder in Lightroom and the folder with the same name is no longer available. So I deleted the one and decided to import again. But as you know that was not the way to do it as the photos are still out there and are no blocked from importing duplicates. How do I get those back into Lightroom with the correct photo folder? In the screen shot below see folder 2014.11.27 on the desk top but not in pictures in Judith's Mac mini. This must be another issue like drag and drop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I decided to restore my photos from my online backup application, CrashPlan as I couldn't find them easily on my seagate hard drive as easily.

I have not been successful in trying to locate more that one photo.   And when I get one photo I could no longer find the rest in the folder in Lightroom and the folder with the same name is no longer available. 

This still isn't detailed enough for me to understand, and honestly, your sentence structure is just plain confusing. So, let me ask some questions:

• Have you restored the photo files from backups? YES or NO? If yes, where are these restored photo files now? Are they in the original folders, or are they somewhere else? If they are somewhere else, please state the EXACT name of the parent folder.
  • What do you mean you could no longer find the rest in the folder in Lightroom? Why not? Can you find the photo in ANY folder in Lightroom? Have you searched for the photos, by file name, in Lightroom, looking in all folders?

So I deleted the one and decided to import again.

So, I have said this once before, maybe more than once, and I say it again: Importing is the wrong thing to do. It will not solve your problem. I will not discuss importing again. The procedure you need to follow is to restore the photos from your backups (have you done that?) and then re-connect as discussed in that document I linked to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel that I have answers these question before but I will try again in your requested format.

Yes, I have restored my photo files from a backup.

They are in the file on my desk top (whichI discussed before in the screen shot) in a folder called CrashPlan restore

I can't tell you why I can't locate them that is the problem for which I was asking assistance. I have tried all the same things you suggested.

You totally misunderstood my comments on importing I said I wasn't going to try it because you said not to.

I don't understand why you seem so angry with me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not angry, I just have trouble understanding some of your words and sentences, so I ask a lot of questions; and even if that were not happening, these issues are extremely difficult to diagnose and fix across the internet, and I need very precise information.

From your screen capture, right click (command-click on a Mac) on one of the top-level folders that has a question mark icon, select Find Missing Folder, and then select the corresponding sub-folder under Crash Plan Restore that contains those photos. What happens?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That wasn't woking so I decided to call adobe since I spoke to them about this issue on Monday. You are right it is extremely difficult but we were able to restore 2014 but the fie structure was difficult to work with so he was able to import them again. I know I was surprised but didn't feel I could tell him what you told me. Now I just have to get my backups for 2016 and hope I can do what he did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines