• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Raw support Sony A6500

Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Surprised to find my Sony A6500 is not supported by Lightroom / bridge, any idea when camera raw wil support the A6500?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When? Us Forum visitors don't know, we're just Lightroom users like you are. Only Adobe knows, and they don't announce these things in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m guessing you mean the Sony Alpha a6500 II (ILCE-6500)?

The camera was released a couple of months ago so I should think it will be in the next Adobe update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The camera was released few days ago, so lets hope Adobe will include support in next Camera RAW/Lightroom update.

As workaround, if one changes "SonyModelID" to "ILCE-6300" via exiftool all software reads 6500 RAWs correctly.

br, Pawel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2016 Dec 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Short-term fix I hope is to download "phase one for sony" (info should be in the box with the camera) save file as a tiff and upload to Lightroom... not great but it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're looking for a longer term fix, ON1's new RAW processing and editing software works with these files just fine.  SOO much faster than Lr.  I'm hoping to ween myself off of the entire creative suite. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ON1 RAW...works like a champ.  I suspect, and hope, that Adobe buys their technology so we can get on with the business of photography workflow with much greater ease. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

99jon wrote:

Adobe has released a new update today.

http://99jon.blogspot.co.uk/2016/12/adobe-releases-lightroom-cc-20158.html

Jon I had to do a Check For App Updates in the CC app to have the LR and ACR update show.

So for anyone reading this thread and you check the CC app for updates if none show go to the gear icon in the upper right hand corner and select Check for App Updates. The CC app will refresh and the updates should then show up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today, March 23, 2017, I just updated my PS and LR CC, along with the new Camera Raw. However, when I shoot RAW with my Sony ILCE 6500 and open them in PSCC, the thumbnails don't show. When I double click on the file symbol, the image opens, and I'm able to use it. What can I do to get the RAW thumbnails to show? The jpg files show the thumbnails, and the files from my ILCE 6000 show thumbnails, but the ILCE6500 won't do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I usually right-click on a thumbnail in the LR Library and choose Edit In >> Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines