Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 2017 Script Documentation

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2016 Nov 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm a developer working on InDesign scripts for a client using InDesign for publishing. There are InDesign script reference documents available here InDesign developer documentation | Adobe Developer Connection  but these appear to only be up to date as far as CS6.

Does Adobe have an updated documentation set for developers? I'm having issues with using methods in my JSX scripts, particularly the PageItem#place method which I have been successfully using up until the latest release to place an ICML file into a document. In CC2017 this simply puts the text "undefined" into the PageItem instead. Is there a new method for placing ICML in CC 2017 and/or is there any documentation surrounding this change?

Regards,

James

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

DOM documentation of InDesign CC 2017 recently was compiled by Gregor Fellenz and can be found here:

InDesign ExtendScript API (12.0)

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi James,

did a quick test by scripting of placing an ICML file with InDesign CC 2017 v12.0.0.81 replacing a selected graphic frame. Also populating the placegun with the story was no problem.

Mac OSX 10.10.5.

On what kind of pageItem did you execute the place() method?

Can you provide some code and/or demo files on Dropbox where you can show the issues.

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DOM documentation of InDesign CC 2017 recently was compiled by Gregor Fellenz and can be found here:

InDesign ExtendScript API (12.0)

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Uwe,

Cheers for the documentation link - was able to use this to figure out the bug was in my own code.

Thanks,

James

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines