• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opinions - LrSocket or LrHttp with polling?

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am developing a plugin that requires two way communication with Lightroom and my external API.

Does anyone have any opinions based on experience of the various communication protocols?

I have read the forums, researched the SDK, and even created some proof of concept plugins for testing. I am seeking opinions based on real world experience with the various communication protocols (writing to external file, LrHttp, LrSocket) and how they performed.

My testing using LrSocket communication works OK but I can see where issues around resiliency may arise. I am considering weather using LrHttp with polling would be a more "durable" / less error prone method of communication.

Thanks for your thoughts!

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In the past, people have posted here about successes with both LrHttp and LrSocket.  I've seen some queries posted here about some SSL issues with LrHttp.  With LrSocket, some have posted here queries about subtleties in getting it to work initially.  I haven't seen anything posted to suggest the LrSocket would be unreliable.

My testing using LrSocket communication works OK but I can see where issues around resiliency may arise. I am considering weather using LrHttp with polling would be a more "durable" / less error prone method of communication.

What issues are you seeing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines