• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Track Mattes do not work when made 3D layers AE 2017

Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive upgraded to AE 2017. I have noticed that track mattes can no longer be 3d layers. They must be precomposed. Is anyone else noticing this?

Is this a bug ADOBE?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

gotcha! track mattes (and blending modes, and other things) don't work in the CINEMA 4D renderer. change it to Classic 3D

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you have a layer style applied to the bottom layer? then 3D+Layer style+Track matte won't work in this case and never did. if this is another issue please be more specific and show as screenshots and specify exactly where is the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No layer styles applied. Just simple basic shapes.

I have tested the same shapes with 2015 and then recreated in 2017. It doesn't work in 2017 but works fine in 2015.

See Images below.

On the first I have the track mattes enabled on 2d layer in 2017.

The next image I have made them 3d layers and now they break. The bottom image is the track mattes with 3d layers recreated in 2015.

Any ideas?

I also just noticed Blending modes do not work in 3d layers either. Once I change it to a 3d layer blending mode disappears.

Screen Shot 2016-11-28 at 3.23.56 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-11-28 at 3.24.27 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-11-28 at 3.26.21 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gotcha! track mattes (and blending modes, and other things) don't work in the CINEMA 4D renderer. change it to Classic 3D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow thank you sir!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines