• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text selection is crazy slow in 2017

People's Champ ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone else experienced this.  When I try to drag select text it lags terribly.  In the example I have nothing else in the comp but there's like a one second or half second lag.  With a busy comp the lag can be 2 or 3 seconds long.   Has anyone else experienced this or know why it's happening?  Is there a setting I need to change?  I work with hardware acceleration disabled but enabled or disabled it makes no difference.

~Gutterfish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

this is probably a certain issue with a specific setup only a careful inspection can find out what causes it. filling a bug report is a way to get this fixed: Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

interesting. does this happen with every project? I am suspecting an update is required for the GPU, or it could be corrupted preferences. try to isolate the problem: fresh project, fresh comp. see if it's certain comps or fonts. reset your work space and check again. reset your preferences too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.... It's the same no matter what.  Also the same on a brand new installation of 2017 with no plug-ins or anything on a brand new computer.   And you know that screen capture itself was frozen after a few seconds even though there was movement through the whole thing.  I tried recording it a few more times and the resulting file would not even play back.   I opened up 2014 and did a screen capture and recorded/ played back normally in real time.  I then re-opened 2017 and screen capture failed again resulting in a just a static frozen screen.  Do you use 2017?   Do you find the text select lags?

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so every project, every font (or at least tested a few), and even without those script you got going on there still? after reset preferences? the best advice I can give you is try to narrow down to the most basic things in your setup. check the GPU driver (if that can be updated)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate the advice and I did update my video drivers but as I said, even on a brand new computer I just finished building yesterday.  Brand new hardware, the only things installed on it are windows 10, cpuz and a fresh install AE 2017 with all settings at default...I don't synch my settings so everything is brand new and it's the same behavior. I can't think of what more can be done to isolate the issue than a brand new install of AE on a brand new install of Windows on brand new hardware that's never been used before.   There are only two common links between the two computers and they are that they both have Nvidia GPUs (560ti in the new build & 970 in the old) and they both are running AE 2017.   So I'll ask for a third time....are you using 2017 and have you noticed any lagging at all in text selection?  If so are you using an nvidia gpu with windows10?

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

o I'll ask for a third time....are you using 2017 and have you noticed any lagging at all in text selection?  If so are you using an nvidia gpu with windows10?

sorry I could swear I wrote this. probably edited and deleted it: I am using Windows 7 GTX970 and no delay whatsoever. if this was a familiar issue you can be sure we would be hearing about it here. btw you asked once so this will be your second time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fair enough,   I did ask in the original post though if anyone else was experiencing this.   I do agree that if it were an issue there would be some mention of it somewhere and I cannot find anything anywhere.   Although the same behavior on an absolutely clean installation on a brand new machine does have me baffled. 

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both machines have Asus motherboards, a P8H67 pro in the old machine and a Z170 Hero Alpha in the new build.  Maybe...idk.  I'll just keep using 2014 I guess.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

this is probably a certain issue with a specific setup only a careful inspection can find out what causes it. filling a bug report is a way to get this fixed: Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines