• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to register Lightroom 6 stand alone copy

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated Lightroom 6 in 2015, purchased it from Adobe as a stand alone product...it has worked well until recently, I upgraded it and now, I have a trial to the Cloud. I tried registering it with the serial numbers again, but it says they have been revoked.  I contacted Adobe customer service and the person helping me referred my to "chat" for help.  I cannot find "chat" anywhere and I want my product back.  Thanks for any help or advice.  I can still open Lightroom but the trial message comes up.  Help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 6 and Lightroom CC are both installed by the same installer program. You just need to make sure that you are signed in with the Adobe user name and password that you used  when you purchased Lightroom 6. By being signed in, that should straighten things out for you. However, if you need to initiate a live chat then just follow the links on this webpage:

Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I purchased adobe Lightroom 6 from Amazon in Aug 2016 and am unable to register it. I am getting a "SUBSCRIPTION IS ABOUT TO EXPIRE" When I try to register It, I keep getting asked to sign up with Adobe, which I did, but then I get directed to Adobe Cloud and it then there is no way to register except to pay a monthly or annual license fee, this is terrible. I called Amazon for help, and they gave me an Adobe tech help line to call. 408-536-6000. M-F 8 to 5 PM PST, I will try again tomorrow.  I have spent hours trying to get my license code registered with a purchased Adobe product, Lightroom  DVD from Amazon. I just don't understand Adobes philosophy in alienating its customers this way. This should be a class action lawsuit. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you've followed these steps from step 9 onwards?

Download and install Lightroom 6 (Single App license)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John, when I log on to the Adobe website and elect the buy option, It keeps

asking me for a credit card number. I have ALREADY purchased Lightroom 6.0

from amazon and have installed it on my computer. How am I able to get past

this buy option and not be charged again. I just want to register it with

the license code on the amazon purchased DVD I received. Wil

On Mon, Nov 28, 2016 at 6:58 PM, John Waller <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you've already installed Lightroom 6? So you've completed steps 1 to 8.

What happens now when you launch LR6? What screen do you see? Can you post a screenshot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John, i solved the registration problem. I uninstalled LR 6 and LR 3.4, and

reinstalled LR 6, and updated it. On reinstall it asked me for the lic

code, i entered the lic no. and the program is now running. It also kept my

lr2 catalog, thank goodness, from the previous LT 6 install. So my edits

appear to have been saved. Thanks for your time, I can now move on and use

the program. Wil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have purchased Lightroom and have installed it on your computer, why do you have to go back to the Adobe website? Lightroom is installed on your computer. There's an application manager, you need to be signed in with your Adobe ID and password that you used when you purchased Lightroom. But I don't understand why you are going back to the Adobe website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jim, it appears the program somehow got tied into the Adobe Cloud. So by

un-istalling LR 6.0 and an older version 3.4. and reinstalling LR 6.0, i

was able to directly enter lic no on the DVD without going to the Adobe

Cloud. I don't know how i got into the cloud previously, but will make sure

i am cautious about going to the adobe website again Thanks, Wil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines