• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR 5.7 (I know, but it's a quick one)

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have LR 5.7 on my about to die laptop. (Toshiba) I want to put 5.7 on my new laptop while I ponder LR CC. When I installed 5.7 on the new computer and entered my original serial number (from LR 3) I get a big red X - serial number not accepted. What gives?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Hipbonejazz wrote:

When I installed 5.7 on the new computer and entered my original serial number (from LR 3) I get a big red X - serial number not accepted. What gives?

Your Lightroom 3 serial number will not be accepted by 5.7.

If Lightroom 5.7 is an upgrade from Lightroom 3 then you enter your 5.7 upgrade serial number followed by your LR3 serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

You first have to enter the LR 5 serial number and if it is a upgrade serial number another box will come up asking for a serial from a qualifying previous version. Then you enter the LR 3 serial number.

If you don't have your LR 5 serial number you can get it from your old computer. It is in a file on the hard drive.

C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Lightroom and look for the LR 5.0 Registration.lrreg file. There will be 2 serial numbers listed.

Original_serial_number which is your previous version

and serial_

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hipbonejazz wrote:

When I installed 5.7 on the new computer and entered my original serial number (from LR 3) I get a big red X - serial number not accepted. What gives?

Your Lightroom 3 serial number will not be accepted by 5.7.

If Lightroom 5.7 is an upgrade from Lightroom 3 then you enter your 5.7 upgrade serial number followed by your LR3 serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user to user forum. You may even ask questions about LR 1, if you have one. I'm sure, someone will be able to give you a qualified answer.

As John says, you should also have a LR 5 serial number. You need to enter that (first).

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You first have to enter the LR 5 serial number and if it is a upgrade serial number another box will come up asking for a serial from a qualifying previous version. Then you enter the LR 3 serial number.

If you don't have your LR 5 serial number you can get it from your old computer. It is in a file on the hard drive.

C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Lightroom and look for the LR 5.0 Registration.lrreg file. There will be 2 serial numbers listed.

Original_serial_number which is your previous version

and serial_number which is for LR 5. This is the one you need.

Cross reference the other one with your serial for LR 3 just to make sure.

WRITE IT DOWN AND PUT IT IN A SAFE PLACE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines