Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is after effects so slow?

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I've got real problems working with After Effects CC 2015.3 . Rendering takes forever, even previewing with 1/4 of the resolution seems to take ages.

This is really slowing down my workflow and is incredibly frustrating. I installed 16 GB ram and a 500GB SSD. I configurated the preferences in AE accordingly (disk cache, allocated enough RAM for AE, etc.)

and nothing has changed. I'm on a mac and here my specs:

Screen Shot 2016-11-29 at 13.19.49.png

Can I have any advise on how to speed things up?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here's a general advice page on improving performance in Ae: Improve performance in After Effects so make sure you read through.

system resources look fine but without knowing what you have in this project we can't tell you much. many things could make your workflow inefficient, and sometimes it's is just too resource intensive you have to bare with it. show us a full screenshot of your Ae interface, if you can send a video capture of the performance you are experiencing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 31, 2016 Dec 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you often delete all your caché and temporary files? Many Adobe users don't know about the existence of this. Maybe you'd like to have a quick look to this video, you might find it helpful. Get Rid of your Adobe Caché and Temporary Files!! - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Dec 31, 2016 Dec 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure your layers and compositions in and out points are trimmed so the layers are only being computed when they need to be.  Make sure AE is not computing layers or comps or effects that aren't being seen.  Not doing this can slow AE to a crawl.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi LloydW,

Did you ever get your performance issues ironed out? Please let us know what helped, if anything.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines