• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premier Elements 15 changing video layout between design and final

Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

!I recently installed Elements 15 after using 14 and other previous versions for a number of years.  I ran into something that I have not seen before and don't know if it is a bug or something that I am doing incorrectly.

I am doing a video project and where I have two clips and am placing the second clip on top of the monitor that is displayed in the first clip.  In preview it looks fine.  I have highlighted it below:

Preview.JPG

When I render it to a file using the basic HD 720 profile saving in either mpg or MP4 - H.264, the second video moves from where I had placed it. I don't think I am missing a step as I have done this with Premier Elements 14 several times and not noticed this.

The final rendering is displayed here:

Final.JPG

Any help would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

I figured it out.  The overlayed clip was a WMV and the main clip was a MP4.  For whatever reason, this was causing the shift in the exported composite video.  Converting the WMV to MP4 corrected it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I figured it out.  The overlayed clip was a WMV and the main clip was a MP4.  For whatever reason, this was causing the shift in the exported composite video.  Converting the WMV to MP4 corrected it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines