Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change After Effects template to portrait

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I downloaded a templates, called After Effects CS4 Template: Elegant Slideshow.

I would like to use some portrait images with this, but all the compositions are landscape. Is there anyway I can just rotate the composition area to accommodate a portrait image?

This is a video mock up of the template After Effects CS4 Template: Elegant Slideshow - VideoBlocks

This is a screenshot of how the compositions appear.

affect effects.JPG

Any help would be brilliant!

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you have both horizontal and vertical images you only have 2 choices - crop the images that don't fit the frame or live with black edges in the video. The only devices that will play vertical (portrait) format video natively are mobile devices. All other native playback is either 16:9 or 4:3.

If you really want to create a vertical comp then just open up the comp settings and change the numbers from 1920 X 1080 to 1080 X 1920. Then you'll have to decide how you are going to render and what you will accept as the look of the playback.

Depending on how the template is set up the slide show may not work as expected because very few templates use expressions that look and the height and width of a comp or an image to create the movement.

More explanation of exactly what you are trying to do will help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines