• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

/products/flashplayer/distribution4.html stopped working?

Oct 06, 2016 Oct 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link to download Flash Players under our distribution agreement (http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/distribution4.html?auth=secret-stuff-here​) stopped working a couple of days ago.  It redirects to Adobe Flash Player Distribution | Adobe

I see in the FAQ that "https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/distribution4.html will be decommissioned on March 31, 2017".  But, uh, it's October 2016 now.

What's going on?  Our agreement expires in January 2017...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 06, 2016 Oct 06, 2016

Hi,

The distribution4 link is valid for a certain number of accesses (I believe around 100, perhaps a bit more).  Usually when the link stops working it's because page accesses have reached the limit.  I can verify if this is the case (most likely it is), however, it'll take a day or so to verify, or you can request a new license and receive a new link to access the distribution page.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The distribution4 link is valid for a certain number of accesses (I believe around 100, perhaps a bit more).  Usually when the link stops working it's because page accesses have reached the limit.  I can verify if this is the case (most likely it is), however, it'll take a day or so to verify, or you can request a new license and receive a new link to access the distribution page.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*sigh* if there's a limit, that would explain it.  I have been using the link in a automated daily check script so that we automatically find & download new releases as soon as possible.  The email from Adobe providing the distribution4.html link did not explain any such limitations.

Is there a way to reset the limit?  Alternatively, is there some way to associate my ID with an existing enterprise agreement?  The person who executed the agreement in January 2016 is no longer with the company...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've had a number of users experience the same. Due to this, and satisfy other needs, we recently introduced a masterversion.xml file listing all of the latest Flash Player versions for the various supported platforms.  The XML file enables customer's, such as yourself, to use automation scripts to query for new versions instead of using the distribution page.  Please see the latest Flash Player Admin Guide, page 7, for more information.

To my knowledge there is no way of resetting the limit.  You would need to apply for a new license and receive a new link.  The new link will be to the page that is replacing the distribution4 page. The new page requires an active AdobeID (with current/valid license) to access, so using the credentials of someone who is no longer there won't be an option.

After applying for the license, you should receive an email within 24-48 hrs with the new link and license agreement. The email will come from noreply@adobe.com and have a PDF attachment.  Please ensure your spam filters don't block the email.  If you don't receive the email within 48 hrs, check your spam folders.  If the email isn't there, post back here and I'll escalate to the licensing team.

The normal Flash Player release cadence is the second Tuesday of the month.  Barring any unforeseen issues (e.g. 0-day exploits), the next release next Tuesday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have applied for a new license and it has been more than 48 hours since applying, and I am experiencing this problem.  I've double checked spam filters and the email should have gotten here.  Please let me know what information I need to provide you with to escalate to the licensing team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thedlonthedm

I'll notify the licensing team to resend the email.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi thedlonthedm ,

The licensing team has resent the email.  Please confirm if it was, or was not, received.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines