Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

after effects learning plan

Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

New to learning after effects. In fact new to illustrator , but having some exposure to photoshop. Want to produce videos like below. how much months roughly it will take to develop skillset to produce such videos?

After Effects Character Animation - YouTube

also can you help me in breaking down learning curve in after effects. how should I approach? primarily going to learn from youtube and other internet sources which are available free. and I dont mind using plugins. as of now I want to get into quick production of good quality videos.

Any help in this regard would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Partha

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're willing to use plugins, you must also be willing to pay for them... and they are not cheap.

Before you invest in plugins, spend that money on a subscription to Lynda.com's After Effects training program.

How long before you can reach your goal?  It depends on how much time you're willing to invest in learning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

5 hours per day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your goal is to re-create the character, graphic and text animations in the linked video -- and be able to do it on a consistent and efficient basis -- I estimate you'll need about six to eight months.  There is a lot more to After Effects than most beginners know.

Don't forget that you ALSO have to learn Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe After Effects CC Training – Basic 3D Animation And Multi Planing

30 Days to Learn Adobe After Effects

after effect tutorial beginner

http://www.photoshopadobe.com/49-adobe-after-effects-cc-training-basic-3d-animation-and-multi-planin...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines